Chapter Five: The World Knows

Start from the beginning

"How many times have I told you that these people don't deserve your tears? You have wasted too many on them over the years. They lost a chance to know a wonderful woman." Kate said and I lifted my face and sighed. 

"All I ever wanted was parents and my own didn't want me. I put those feelings aside and some random newsperson finds my past and airs it for all to here! Now they know my relationship with this family and I can bet they will try to contact me." I firmly said and I heard William sigh. 

"We are doing everything in our powers to change your numbers and for these people not to contact you. Please listen to Kate. They aren't worth your time." Will said and I smiled before the phone went off and Harry cursed. 

"Who now?" He grumbled before answering and I saw his face change before he nodded and ended the call. 

"Granny wants to see you Isla." Was all he said and I raised an eyebrow as I stood up and cleaned my eyes. 

"By myself?" 

"Yes. Come on I'll walk you." Harry said and I turned to Will and Kate. 

"We will stay and wait here. I'll call and see if anything changes." Will said and I nodded before following Harry out of our now shared apartment and towards the Queen's office wing. 

When we approached the wing Harry turned to me and pulled me into a hug and placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"I love you and that all that matters," Harry said and I stared up and smiled at him. He said he loves me. 

"I love you too. I shouldn't keep her waiting." I said and he nodded before he let me go and I walked to the door before knocking. 

"Enter." 

I opened the door and stepped inside before bowing. I felt hands on my shoulders and looked to see both the Queen and Prince Philip. 

"Have you been crying?" She asked and I nodded. 

"Yes. I saw the portion they aired about me." I explained and she nodded before pointed to her couch. 

"Come. Let's all sit." She said before turning and Philip and I followed her. 

"So have they contacted you?" Prince Philip asked and I shook my head. 

"No, Will said my number is being changed." 

"Correct. We are sorry that the part of your parents aired. Your past shouldn't have."  The Queen said and I nodded as I wiped my eyes. 

"I knew it would be aired some day. I just didn't expect it to be so soon." I said with a soft smile. 

"We are trying to figure out who in this palace overheard that conversation and they will be held accountable." Prince Philip said and I nodded. 

"I know. Harry promised the same thing." I said with a smile and they both smiled at me. 

"It is okay to be sad, Isla. It is something that is very touchy for you." The Queen said and I nodded as I let the tears fall. 

"I had always said if I had children I would do better than my parents did with not ignoring them all the time. Never being there when my brother and I were sick. I had promised I was going to be better." I explained and I felt them smiling at me. 

"And you will be. I know you will probably be mad but you are going to be interviewed tomorrow with Harry to explain your relationship and your parents." The Queen said and I nodded as I sniffed. 

"I understand. I was going to set it myself honestly." I said and I watched as the Queen laughed. 

"And see that it another reason why I adore you. I also set up for you to meet with people to be your personal assistant and a public relations person. That will happen right when you two come back." The Queen added and I nodded before she placed a hand on my knee. 

"Remember you are a strong woman. Yes, this brings up old hurt feelings. But it does not define you. Do you understand?"She questioned and I nodded. 

"Yes, your Majesty," I whispered and she nodded patting my knee. 

"Go. I hear Harry pacing outside. I will see you on Wednesday." She said and I nodded before bowing and walking out her office. I walked to Harry and wrapping my arm around his. 

"We have an interview tomorrow," I said and he nodded. 

"Helen just told me. Let's go back. Kate still wants to talk to you." He said and I smiled before turning and walking back to our small apartment. 

After opening the door I smelled breakfast and grinned when I saw Will setting the table. 

"This reminds me so much of when we graduated," I said as I walked to the table and sat down. 

"We wanted to make breakfast. It was always your favorite meal." Will said as he sat across from me and Harry and Kate came bringing all the food and drinks.

"Thank you for this. It means a lot to me." I said and they nodded. 

"You're family Isla. We'll do anything for you." Kate said as she began passing everything out. None of spoke much when we ate. But once I finished I smiled softly. 

"In a couple of weeks is Christmas and I just want you to know Harry I won't be coming to any of the events," I said and I watched as they all stared at me. 

"And why not?" 

"I'm not royal. It's a time for Royals. I'll still be in the castle. I just won't go to any of the events." I explained and I watched them stare at me for a moment before nodding. 

"Are you sure? Granny wouldn't mind?" Will said and I laughed. 

"I will say hello to everyone but besides that no I won't go," I said and Kate grinned. 

"You'll be with me then. I won't go either until after I'm married. We can watch movies all day." She said and I nodded as she reached across and grabbed my hand. I turned to Harry who smiled at me. 

"As long as you are happy."