Chapter 7

Percy POV
    In the Hunters camp was a small patch of dirt where there was no grass growing. They jokingly called their arena. Camp's was much better, it had stands for spectators and every other amenity that you could think of. As the Hunters lined up along the edges of the "arena" Thalia and I took our stances. Rowan seemed to be the only Hunter cheering for me. Her cheering was more than I expected. I expected her to immediately try to fit in with the other Hunters and try to gain their friendship by liking what they want. She really was different. I'm glad I helped her.
    "So Thals, ready to wear pink, heavy makeup, and maybe a Barbie t-shirt?" I called out to her.
    "Oh, you wish. Ready to do my chores Kelp Head?"
    I looked over to see Artemis standing there looking annoyed. She looked both me and Thalia and slowly started to count down from three on her fingers.
Three
Two
One
Time to fight.
    Thalia and I circled each other for a good minute before she decided to launch the first attack. I expected this because I knew she didn't like to wait or fight defensively. I lunged at her but rolled last minute to put my body behind her she spun around quicker than I had expected so I had little time to eat bac ito proper stance. Luckily years of training payed off yet again. I ducked under a jab headed for my chest and responded with my own attack. I had been devolving at camp it combined Greek and Roman into some sort of Greco-Roman dance with a sword it wasn't hard to learn and it sounds a lot more difficult than it is. Chiron said it was beautiful and he had never seen anything like it before. I just incorporated some of the moves that I liked from Greek training added some Roman moves filled in between the lines and Bam!a new form of fighting. The best part that it was unique to me so Thalia had a hard time countering. You could quickly see the tides turn in my favor.
    Suddenly she started to back up and you could see the ares around her eyes crackle with the incoming lighting strike she was about to launch at me. I put up a thin barrier of water around myself to which Thalia just laughed.
    "Kelp Head. Did you forget that water conducts electricity? Really, you're an idiot," she said.
    "We'll see about that," I smirk.
    "Your loss," she muttered as she brought down the large strike. The water absorbed it making it electrified and sent it towards her. It touched her and she laughed.
    "Gods Kelp Head, I didn't think you were that dense. Electricity is energizes me,"
    "Oh," I quickly dropped the water and continued to fight. Gods I felt like an idiot. This time returning her attacks was a little more difficult because she had more energy than me. We were pretty evenly matched by now. Later though, she got a little to full of her self and started making beginners' mistakes. I spotted this easily. I turned to an old classic feign right, go left, and use the old disarming technique Luke taught me all those years ago. In a minute I had my sword pointed at her neck.
    "Looks like I won, Pinecone Face!" I told her happily, "Ready to wear pink all day?" I was going to continue telling her what she had to do when a monster attacked. It wasn't a very big deal, a couple dracanea and a few empousa. Thalia and I finished them off quickly.
    "You guys sure do get attacked a lot," I thought out loud.
    "No, nowadays we are getting attacked more than usual. It's scaring me a little to be honest," Artemis told me, "The monsters seem more organized and they seem stronger, its almost as if they've been training instead of immediately coming out of Tartarus."
"Could it be another war?"
"I think it might be,"
Thalia POV