Chapter 2: Truths or Lies?

Start from the beginning

"Levi! Stop daydreaming and get over here." Hanji cheerful calls. I turned to see her waving her hands crazily, people looked at her like she was insane, but Hanji ignored it.

"Coming..." I chase her into Silver Birds. The cold air raised my hair and I see people dressed in clothing similar to each other. They wore silver shirts with black pants, yet the place didn't seem fancy. "Hanji?"

"Table for 2 please." Hanji says to an employee.

"Alright then, follow me." The employee says in his deep voice as he lead Hanji to tables. Hanji then looked at me, giving me a stare and used her hands to tell me to come.

The employee took us to the back of the restaurant and gave us menus.

Hanji and I both sat down. "Hanji, what the hell is this place?"

"It's a restaurant."

"No kidding, shitty glasses."

"Shitty glasses?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, I came to the conclusion to give you a nickname. Shitty glasses is the first thing that came in mind."

"Wow." I looked at the menu, trying to hide the embarrassment I got myself into.

"If you're gonna give me a nickname, I'll give you one then. How about... midget?"

"Seriously? Making fun of my height?" 

"You made fun of my glasses, midget."

"Whatever." The breakfast items seemed normal... scrambled eggs, pancakes, and a lot of things. If Hanji's paying for it, then it's fine.

"What are you going to get? I'm thinking of getting waffles."

"Waffles, huh? I don't know what I'm gonna get."

"Not much of a eater, aren't ya?"

"I guess I'll go with scrambled eggs."

"Nice. I'm thinking of getting some coffee... what about you?"

"Not much of a fan of coffee." I look under drinks and found my favorite drink.

"Really? What do you drink then?"

"Black tea."

"Tea? You don't strike me as a tea guy."

"Really?"

Someone came by our table, "Hi, I'm Gerald. What can I get you?"

"I want the waffles with coffee please." Hanji says.

"Okay, and what about you, sir?"

"The scrambled eggs and black tea."

"Do you want sausage or bacon?"

"Uh... bacon."

"Alright then, we'll get this out as fast as we can." Gerald soon leaves us two alone.

"So. Now he's gone, I want to know about you more." Hanji says.

"More?"

"Yes, more like your past."

"No."

"Yes."

"I will tell glimpses, but not the whole thing. Only on one condition."

"What's the condition?"

"You tell me your past."

"I'm good with that."

"I'm... not a good kid."

"Oh... a bad boy here. How lovely." Hanji leans in and I slightly pushed her away.