Chapter 1

Lena looked down at Kara's outstretched hand, a huge diamond rock encased in a beautiful engraved silver band around her ring finger, Lena gulped loudly, she looked up at Kara who was glowing, a smile so big it had taken over the entirety of her face. Lena took another large sip of wine, practically finishing a whole glass in one breath and the blonde couldn't help but pout at her best friends reaction to her good news as she retracted her once outstretched hand. 

"You could at least pretend that your happy about me and Mike's engagement" Kara whined, looking down at the ring on her finger, playing with it happily, as she realised all of her dreams were coming true. Apart from the part where her best friend actually gets along with her husband to be, which Lena clearly didn't. Kara had actually lost count of the amount of times that Lena and Mike had argued over pointless things and it made her life pretty hard when they could barley be trusted to be in the same room as each other. 

"Im sorry Kara, it truly is a beautiful ring" Lena said, as she smiled sadly pouring herself another glass of red wine, a personal favourite of hers. She was cuddled up in a baggy Harvard hoodie and sweatpants, Kara was still in her work clothes, she came straight from Her office at CatCo that day, a multimedia company owned by the one and only Cat Grant who was both a personal hero and mother figure to Kara, and that's what you call a great two in one deal. "I will try to tolerate Mikes existence if that would make you happy"  Lena said with a sigh taking yet again, although slightly smaller sip of red wine. 

"Wow, that's so kind of you" Kara said sarcastically with a slight giggle, "and stop hogging all the wine, your trashing my husband to be, the least you could do is offer me a glass of wine" Kara said grabbing the half empty bottle of wine from Lena's grip. The brunette pouted as Kara took a gulp straight from the neck of the bottle. 

"Well at least you have your life all sorted out" Lena sighed, truth was despite her looks Lena was single and when I say single I mean SINGLE. She just had never felt that spark she was looking for, no matter who it was, well a part from one person, and of course that one person had to be her straight best friend, that was just her luck after all. Kara laughed, which quickly ended in a snort, making Lena giggle at her dorky friend. 

"I still haven't got a single idea for that article I'm meant to be writing for tomorrow night at the latest, I mean Mike said that I could talk about the increasing number of bar fights, but that just doesn't seem like news to me, but if its my only option I'll take it" Kara ranted, Lena raised an eyebrow, she was pretty sure the only bar fights she had ever seen were the ones between herself and Mike, sadly they had never gotten physical, Kara had always managed to wedge herself in between the two of them before that crucial stage.

"If you wanted to you could come down to my lab, I'm working on a new top secret experiment that if its successful could change our lives forever." Lena paused for a moment putting down her now empty glass of wine, "I would be happy to give you the exclusive" Lena blurted out before she could stop herself, they weren't even in a relationship and she was whipped already, she would do anything for the blonde, even tolerate the man child that Kara would soon be calling her husband. Kara's mouth flew open in excitement as she clasped her hands together, jumping up and down slightly on the sofa. 

"Are you serious? That, That would be amazing!" Kara said, grabbing Lena's pale hands, Lena glowed a light shade of red at how close they had become. She nodded hurriedly, smiling at how happy she had managed to make the blonde, maybe she could give Mike a run for his money after all. "I'm so happy, I could kiss you right now Lena!" Kara said wrapping the brunette up in a tight hug, before leaping to her feat, and sadly in these moments Lena's brain often decided that there was no more need to have any sort of filter whatsoever. 

"Well why don't you" Lena said, before wincing and subconsciously beating herself up, over and over again. 

"What?" Kara asked, giggling slightly not sure if she heard Lena correctly over her own excitement. 

"What?" Lena fired right back as she got to her feat, scuttling into the kitchen, downing the rest of the wine from the bottle on her way. Kara followed her as she watched Lena potter around her kitchen, doing god knows what. 

"Okay, so what time do you want me to come down to the lab tomorrow?" Kara asked leaning on the kitchen counter. Lena stopped what she was doing, her eyes slightly blurry form the amount of wine she had just consumed. 

"Em, around eleven would suit me, I mean if thats good for you?" Lena asked scratching her head, oh god she needed to like down, or throw up, or both, it could quite easily be both. 

"Yeah that sounds perfect" Kara replied smiling, her phone buzzed from her pocket, she looked down at the phone screen, smiling even brighter when she saw who the text was from. "That's Mike, I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow at eleven!" Kara said as she turned to walk out of the apartment. 

"It's a date!" Lena shouted back, again this was one of these unfiltered moments that Lena would one day live to regret. "Well, you know not an actual date obviously, like you know a mate date." Lena looked up from her rant and saw that Kara had already left the apartment, "Yep she's gone, totally nailed it," 

Authors Note!        

Yep, I'm back with a new story, hoping this will be more along the comedic lines but we will see how it go's anyway, thanks for all the votes, reads a comments love you guys!