Chapter 2

Cindy's POV

I set my phone down from talking to Fury and got around. This was somewhat of a big deal to me. Nat had trusted me to help care for Hawke if she wasn't there. Frankly I felt like Clint was fine by himself. But of course the man had never had children before.

"Cin are you coming up for food?" my sister, Meagan asked. Oh yeah, I live in my sisters basement apartment. She had a family of her own.

"Maybe. But I'll be up." I said. I heard her sigh and then yell at her kids. I smirked and them finished putting some of Hawke's stuff in a bag. She still had her thing here. I grabbed her bag and went upstairs. The small of homemade mac n' cheese hit my nose.

"Smells good." I said. Meagan looked at me and quickly thanked me. Her blonde hair was in a pixie cut and her blue eyes looked flustered behind her glasses. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Everything." I sighed. I picked a piece of lettuce out of the salad on front of me and ate it.

"Your job is too stressful. You need a boyfriend." She said.

"You're funny. Do you know that?" I asked.

"No seriously. What do you do after work?" Meagan asked.

"Go to the gym. Maybe Visit with Johnny and then Netflix." I said.

"Really?" She asked with a blonde eyebrow raised.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

"Johnny Storm? The guy we've know forever?" Meagan asked.

"Yes sister." I said.

"Go out with him." Meagan said.

"No." I said back with force. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Hey could use help. Not trying to sound rude.

-CB

"I've got to go. I'll be home later. Make some more iced tea please. And leave your weird stuff out of it. Bye love you." I called to my sister as I left the house. I climbed into my small black Volvo and drove to Clint's apartment. I had gotten the directions from Fury. I parked outside of the tall brick building. I sighed and took Hawke's bag from my trunk and went to the apartment. I stood in front if the door prepping to knock. I was oddly holding myself back. I knocked lightly and Clint opened it right away.

"Oh thank god." He said flustered. "Come in." He said motioning me in. I walked in and noticed a golden lab that was laying on the couch.

"Lucky, off." Clint said.

"Where's Hawke?" I asked.

"Her room. We've been distant. And we might have gotten into a fight." Clint admitted.

"Already?" I asked.

"Yeah." Clint said looking at the floor.

"Where's her room?" I asked. He pointed to a hallway.

"The second door on your left." He said. I nodded and walked in the direction. I opened the door and Hawke stared at me. She didn't talk until I shut the door.

"Can I live with you again?" She asked.

"Hawke. He's your family." I said.

"So are you." She retaliated. I sighed and gripped the bridge of my nose.

"Please try to get along with him." I pleaded. "You need to."

"Fine for your sake. But you have to come everyday that you can." Hawke said.

"Fine that's a deal." I sighed. She held her hand out and I shook it. After we finished I gave her her bag. She smiled brightly and then yawned. It had been a long day. I walked out and saw Clint standing in front if a wall covered in newspaper clippings and magazine snippets.

"That's one hell of a to-do list." I said. He jumped and turned to me.

"You really are a SHIELD agent aren't you?" Clint asked.

"I take pride in being able to sneak up on people." I said. I walked over to the wall. Murders, robberies, and rapes. You name it, he had them all connected some how.

"So what did she say?" Clint asked covering the wall up slightly with a purple curtain.

"I have to come over everyday apparently." I said.

"That's fine. The more the merrier." Clint said with a stupid smile.

"Seriously?" I asked. "I mean, I feel like I'm invading your space."

"You're fine, Agent Meeker." Clint said.

"It's just Cindy." I corrected.

"First name basis. I like it." Clint said.

"You are a flirtatious one Agent Barton." I said looking at him.

"Only to the pretty ones." He said with a cheeky smile. I could feel my cheeks heat up. "And it's Clint." He said nicking me.

"Flirtatious and a jerk. A combo pack." I said. Clint smirked and looked at his board again. "What do you plan to do with this?" I asked.

"Take care of it. I'm an avenger. It's my job." Clint said seriously.

"No that's police work." I said. "What this is, it's police work. You're job is to keep the world safe. Let the police handle the gangs." I said.

"Are you worried?" Clint asked.

"Clint. You have my best friends kid. And she's going to need her dad. I don't need her to lose that." I said. Clint put his hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"I'll be safe." He promised. Why the hell couldn't I believe him?