SHOPPING!

I emerged from my slumber slowly at first but soon I was almost wide awake. My eyelids flutter and I groan from the stiffness in my joints. Then the day's memories attack me at once. I shoot up into a sitting position then I hear a soothing voice, "its all right love nothing's gonna hurt you." I look around and see a kind blonde woman looking at me. She looked like a nice woman. "Where am I?" I ask as I lower myself to the bed cautiously. "You're at Kadic infirmary." she answers, "I'm in hospital?" I ask worriedly. She shakes her head as she made her way over to my bed. She held out a thermometer, "Open," I oblige, "you aren't in a hospital your at a school. Kadic academy and boarding school." she exclaims happily. I nod my head slowly and the thermometer beeps. "You have a slight fever but that's easily solved with some rest." she says studying the digits on the little screen. The door opens on the other side of the room and the man I had run into today or maybe even yesterday walked in.

"Aahh I see you're awake then Talia!" he exclaims happily. I stare at him, well no wonder I didn't get concussion… LOOK AT THE PADDING! He comes over to my bed and despite my condition I sit up slowly. "How are you feeling?" he asks as he sits on the chair next to the bed. "Better than I was when you found me." he nods and I look at him blankly, what the hell should I say now? Emergency protocol! "Thanks..." "Jim." he says introducing himself, "thanks for helping me Jim!" I say brightly. Yolande looks at the two of us, me, the awkward turtle and Jim…The gym teacher. Totally normal. He coughs and looks at her, "I better get to my next class and set up before the bell." He says and I nod, "Have fun!" he rolls his eyes and I grin. Ok well he didn't seem that bad I guess…

For the next few days it was mostly rest, I got up to go to the toilet or have something Yolande had gotten for me (HEY DON'T GIVE ME A WEIRD LOOK! I AM HUMAN!), she told me about what they did at Kadic and how highly ranked it was in France. I had asked her if we really were in France and as it turned out I was in Paris! She also told me how the principal's daughter Sissi had caught wind of me being in here and at the moment I was the biggest piece of new out. The Kadic news' reporters Milly and Tamiya had wanted to interview me for days but she had told them to go away and let me rest in peace.

•••

Odd walked over to the gang and threw down the new issue of Kadic news, 'mystery girl in infirmary, who is she and how did she get there?' The title read as it spilled across the paper, "it's her alright Jeremy, when I caught up to her Jim was carrying her away in his arms." Yumi, Aelita and Ulrich all look at them and simultaneously raise their eyebrows, "And who is 'this mysterious girl' you forgot to tell us about?" Yumi asks using finger quotations. Jeremy and Odd look at each other, time to spill, "Look the reason why we didn't tell you was because we didn't know if it was her or not Ok? We were going to tell you sooner or later but now that Sissi has gone and told Milly and Tamiya we couldn't really not tell you." Jeremy says and continues on telling them what had happened. "So what you're trying say is that Talia's back?" Aelita asks hopefully and Odd and Jeremy nod.

•••

By the end of the fourth day I was up and moving around a lot. The door opened and Jim walked in with a big smile, "we're going shopping for clothes... I never thought I'd see the day when I looked forward to something like this." I grin happily, "really?" he nods I grin so wide I could've sworn I would swallow my whole head. I rush to the bathroom and walk over to the basin; I look in the mirror and pick up my new hairbrush. Hmmm. What hairstyle should I do today? Oh I know! A FISH TAIL BRAID! I emerge about three minutes later with everything in place, well except for my shoes. I go over to my bed and pick up my shoes that sat on the floor near the end of my bed. I sit down and put my socks, then my converse sneakers and jump up off the cot and walk over to Jim, "let's go!" he says and I wave to Yolande as I walk out. "Look out for Milly and Tamiya, or else we won't get anywhere." Jim informs me seriously and I nod slowly trying to recall what Yolande had told me what they looked like. As we walked I could see kids everywhere. It must have been lunchtime or something; I look to my left and see a group of kids. They stood near the vending machines and like most of the kids in the area, were watching me intently. But something about the group was familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it but I felt like I knew them, especially the girl with the pink hair. She had cool hair; I wonder if it was real? It probably wasn't likely but hey? I still loved it! As the two of us walk two shorts girls walk near us. Not wanting to talk to anyone I slide to the other side of Jim. As the girls pass I realise that they were actually Milly and Tamiya! Phew. After another minute or so of awkward silence and looking around we reach the staff car park and make for a black Chrysler. I see it and run my hands lightly over the bodywork. Oh hell it was a BEAUTY! "Wow! I love it!" I say as I admire the car, he grins and opens the car. Wow he was actually nice and he was rich! Was that even possible? But who knows, maybe his kindness was actually very endearing to the principal so he actually got a huge pay rise… who knew? Once I got over the shock of how cool the car was I get inside. I sink into the leather seat and we pull out of the car park past some of the kids having their lunch. I still watch the group as they watch me. Geez they were familiar!