Room 42161

Room 42161: Where lightning strikes, creating light and fire.

"Please, let us out," Baekhyun slammed his fists against the door, then pressed his forehead against it, whispering, "I can't be stuck in here with these two; we might end up killing each other." Silence answered him and in despair, he sunk down on his knees, releasing a shuddering sigh. No one was going to open the door. The other two stood apart from one another, eyes cast at the walls surrounding them.

Chen walked to one corner of the room and sat down. If they weren't getting out, he might as well get comfortable. He wasn't going to forgive Baekhyun for using him when all he did was try to help.

"Why don't we just make up?" Chanyeol asked, but the tone in his voice indicated he wasn't serious, just desperate to get out. He sat on one of the chairs that were glued to the floor, staring at Baekhyun's kneeling figure by the exit. "Give up it Baekhyun."

"I pity you," Chen stated as he also looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun met his eyes for half a second before turning away, standing up, and walking to the corner diagonal from Chen. 'How interesting,' Chen took note of where the three chose to place themselves. Baekhyun in one corner, Chanyeol in the middle, and him in the other corner.

'It's the farthest we can be apart from each other,' Chanyeol was thinking the same thing as Chen. He turned his head to the only other door in the room, 'That's probably a restroom.' He went to investigate, and behold it was. He returned shortly to his claimed chair.

Thick tension drifted in the confines of the room, slowly suffocating the three young men.

"Were they planning to give us food?" Chanyeol asked, resting his head on the table.

"Who cares? Better if we all just die to prove how stupid this was," Baekhyun said angrily, tossing his jacket on the floor.

"I'm not quite ready to die," Chen stated, eyes still shut. "If you die, I won't be at your funeral, just know that."

Baekhyun felt a small jolt of pain at Jongdae's harsh statement and his anger nearly doubled, but he refrained himself from speaking. He hated everyone in the room, everyone. He was disgusted at Chanyeol for leaving him, was it that hard for Chanyeol to be friends with Baekhyun and the others? He was disgusted at Jongdae for turning against him, but he accepted that it was partly on himself for being dishonest, but still, did he have to go isolate himself from them, from Baekhyun? He was mostly disgusted with himself, for even having the thought of using a good friend to make another jealous. 'Stupid, stupid fool,' he told himself. He was just lonely and hurt, that was all.

Chen saw the brief hurt on Baekhyun's face, but he quickly brushed it aside. Baekhyun was just trying to manipulate him, like he did before. No, Kim Jongdae was not falling for that, not again. Baekhyun can have Chanyeol, who seemed more forgiving than him, after all, Chanyeol wasn't the one who'd been taken advantaged of. Besides, it was Chanyeol that Baekhyun was originally after.

Chanyeol could feel an electric, static sensation fly through him from the two in the opposite corners of the room, making the hairs of his neck and arms stand up. He knew the three of them had problems, he just didn't know whether or not they could be resolved. Baekhyun was too ashamed, Jongdae was too wounded, and he was too upset. He couldn't pinpoint the origin of their distance toward one another, but he had a suspicion when it began with his fight with Baekhyun.

The three said nothing, sitting in their spots staring off into space. They were going to get nowhere.
They could keep up the act for hours on end, but would they last day after day? They could care less; there was nothing anyone could do to make them repair their relationship. The void was too vast.