10 » VAMPIRE'S BABYSITTER

Start from the beginning

"Damon's bedroom, you're in Damon's bedroom."

"I want to go home," Rose said. I sat down on the bed next to her.

"Tell me about it." I smiled at her. "I bet it's beautiful."

"St. Austell, thirty kilometers south of London. With fields and trees and horses."

"Sounds beautiful," Elena smiled.

"When you live long enough, everything disappears. So much time wasted, I just wish I wouldn't have been so afraid."

=_-_-_=

"We brought some clean sheets." Elena announced as her and I reentered Damon's room. The bed was empty, and I heard nothing in the room. Elena's eyes were wide as she looked around the room.

"Let's go look for her," I started walking out of Damon's room, "Good thing it's still daytime so there's no where she could go."

We entered the library of the home, and Elena stopped to dial a number.

"It's Elena, we're worried about Rose. I think you should come home." While she was leaving a message for Damon, a sudden noise caused my ears to perk up.

"Stay here." I whispered, then crept towards the sound. "Rose?" I walked down the stairs into the cold basement. I stopped once I saw an empty blood bag at my feet. I picked it up to examine it, then walked deeper into the basement. Rose was sitting down drinking from a blood bag, a sea of empties blood bags littered on the floor around her.

"Oh my god." I muttered. Rose looked up at me.

"Katerina."

"No?" I raised an eyebrow. Rose stood up and pushed past me. A dumbfounded Elena was standing behind me, and Rose was slowly walking towards her.

"Rose, stop, stop, it's Elena. I'm not Katherine." I hoped that she would be able to snap Rose out of it again before things got worse. "You're hallucinating. I'm not Katherine. I'm not Katherine." Rose lunged toward Elena and she runs out of the basement and into the parlor room. Rose sped in the direction Elena ran. I tried to speed after her, but I wasn't able to control it, being a new werewolf and all, so I ran at normal human speed.

Rose was on top of Elena in the parlor room, gnarling her teeth at her. I ran over to the nearest window and pulled back the curtain. Rose screamed out in pain, quickly retrieving to a dark corner.

"Run!" I yelled to Elena, and we both ran to the front door in hopes of leaving. I opened the door, but I strong force sent me into the wall, and I realized that Rose had pushed me. I turned around to fight back, but Rose had Elena and was trying to bite her. I tried to pull Rose from her, but Rose was too strong so I dug my fingers into her wound. She screamed out in pain and let go of Elena and she took of running up the stairs.

I followed her into the room I saw at the end of the hallway and shut the door. Elena begun bringing furniture to the door, making sure Rose couldn't get in. While she did that, I opened the window so that the sun could pour into the room. After that, Elena broke off two legs of a wooden chair and handed one to me. I assumed this was supposed to be a makeshift stake.

Elena and I jumped once the handle on the door started wiggling.

"Elena? I know that's you and not Katherine." Rose coughed and groaned on the other side of the door, "Elena? Please, I need your help." Elena looked at me and I shook my head.

"Don't do it." I mouthed.

=_-_-_=

Elena and I sat on the floor exchanging worried glances waiting to see if Rose was gone. We ended up waiting until the sunset, the night sky casting a faint glow into what I learned to be Stefan's room. We both realized it was quiet, so we left the room.

We went downstairs to exit the home, but the door was wide open. Elena turned around with the stake in her hand, ready to attack.

"Are you guys okay? Where's Rose?" A familiar voice asked.

"We don't know." Elena admitted.

=_-_-_=

Damon, Elena, Sheriff Forbes, and I were standing in a parking lot near Mystic Falls High School.

"Hey." Damon greeted Sheriff Forbes.

"Thanks for coming so quickly."
"No, I was close by Liz, what happened?"

"A vampire. Luckily one of my deputies discovered the body before anyone else saw him."

"We have to secure the area then." Damon suggested. Sheriff Forbes turned around to speak to her deputies.

"Don't cause a panic, but let's take this party into the cafeteria."she spoke to Damon again, "I take the east side of the school, you go west?"

"Sure, okay." Damon said. He was at a distance, yet I could still hear every word that was exchanged. I stood by Elena while he left her boyfriend a message.

"Hey, Stefan, it's me. I don't know where you are but please call me. It's important." Damon joined us after she hung up the phone.

"Hey. Have you heard from him? Do you know what he's up to?" Elena asked Damon.

"My baby brother is not exactly my priority right now. Take this." Damon handed her and I a stake. "Come on, let's go."

Screams were heard in the distance, so the three of us followed the sound quickly until we saw Rose feasting on a teenage girl. A teenage boy's body was on top of a destructed car.

"Rose, stop!" Damon yelled. Rose rushed towards him, but he quickly pinned her to the ground. "Rose, Rose! It's me, it's Damon. It's Damon." Rose's face returned to her normal state and she started crying.

"Did I do this? I never meant to hurt anyone. I never wanted to hurt anyone."

"I know." Damon said. Rose looked at Elena.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"Come on, let's get you home."

"No, I don't have a home, I haven't had a home in so long." Rose continues crying. "Oh make it stop, please make it stop! I hate it, make it stop!"

Damon picked up Rose in his arms and led us to his car. He drove me home even though I insisted on staying over. Elena walked me to my front porch and stood there with her arms crossed.

"What?" I asked her, wondering why she was lingering.

"You seemed kind of off today," Elena mentioned.

"So? I'm just kind of... moody today, I don't know."

"How were you strong enough to pull Rose off of me in Damon's room?" Elena asked. I paused for a moment, thinking of an excuse.

"I don't know, maybe it was just my mom instinct." I shrugged.

"Uh huh." Elena nodded and left me on the porch, alone with my thoughts.