Part 1 (creative, I know)

A/N: This is written as part of a Secret Santa activity the Snowbert forum did on Fanfiction.net. My secret Santa person was Write-To-You. Write-To-You is a brilliant author, and I highly encourage reading her stories. Anyway, I hope you enjoy! :)

Star City

Felicity walked into the spacious central room of the loft, setting down a large duffel bag stuffed with clothes. Oliver turned around from cooking dinner on the stove to look at Felicity. His eyes crinkled in confusion.

"I thought you and Thea were staying at Central City for one night?"

"Oh, we are," Felicity said walking towards him. "I just thought that after last time we were there with Nazis from another dimension that you couldn't be too prepared."

Oliver smiled as she approached. "I guess you're right. They don't exactly do 'normal' in Central City, do they?"

"No, they don't," Felicity said before kissing him.

Someone coughed.

They both turned.

"Speedy!" Oliver greeted happily.

Thea walked into the loft with a travel bag slung over her shoulder. She paused as she saw Felicity's plump bag.

"I thought we were just staying one night."

"You are," Oliver answered. "Felicity just over packed."

Felicity playfully smacked his arm. "I'm prepared."

"Prepared for what?" Thea asked.

"Anything!" Felicity said. "Robots from space, evil plants, Cybermen, metahumans," Felicity listed. "You name it."

"Okay," Thea said, raising an eyebrow at Oliver.

Oliver chuckled. "Don't you two have a train to catch."

"Oh, that's right!" Felicity said. She walked over to her bag and struggled to lift it up.

"Do you need some help?" Oliver offered.

"No, I got it!" Felicity said, fumbling with the handles. She pulled hard and lifted it off the ground and struggled to put it over her shoulder. She finally managed and slowly walked over to Thea, stumbling with the weight of the overfilled bag.

"Felicity, honey," Oliver said.

"What?"

"Maybe you should take some stuff out."

"No it's –"

The bag flopped to the floor. She sighed in frustration and blew at a piece of hair that had fallen in front of her face.

"Fine," she conceded.

Central City

"Shouldn't Felicity and Thea be here by now?" Barry asked, walking into the cortex.

Cisco looked at the time. "I texted Felicity five minutes ago. They're running a bit behind."

"Oh, okay," Barry said, exchanging a disappointed look with Cisco

"If you guys want to go the party," Caitlin said, walking out of the medical area. "I can meet Felicity and Thea at the train station."

"No, Caitlin. You don't have to," Barry protested.

Caitlin raised an eyebrow. "I know you two have been dying to go all day."

Cisco and Barry looked at each other eagerly before turning back to Caitlin.

"But we can't just –" Cisco started.

"Cisco, it's fine," Caitlin said with a reassuring smile.

Cisco's phone chimed. "That's Felicity. She said they should be here soon."

"Okay," Caitlin said, grabbing her purse. "I'll see you at the party." Caitlin walked past them.

"Hey, Caitlin," Barry called out.

She turned.

"Thanks."

She smiled. "No problem, Barry."

Caitlin headed out in the chilly December air, her breath becoming visible as the sun began to set. She could feel Killer Frost yearning to take control and enjoy the wintry weather "properly", as she had put it. Caitlin pushed her down and pulled out her keys. She unlocked her car and paused. She felt as if something was watching her. She quickly turned around, holding up a hand just in case she needed to summon Frost.

Nothing. The parking lot was empty. She scanned the area once more before getting into her car and driving to the train station. She drove through Central City and marveled at the decorations.

Twinkling, colored lights lined the trees and outlined each store window. Large trees of various colors stood proudly in the center of each open square decorated with shiny ornaments, as small, white snowflakes began to flutter down from above. Caitlin happily hummed along to the Christmas song on the radio as she pulled into the parking lot of the train station.

Caitlin smoothly parked and stepped out of her car. She paused as she felt someone watching her. Again. She looked around, but it was hard to see much because of the darkening sky. Caitlin closed her car door, locked it, and quickly walked inside the station.

She was greeted by warmth and bright, yellow light. She made her way through the crowded lobby towards the Star City train.

"Caitlin!"

Caitlin saw Felicity and Thea pushing their way through the newly arrived crowd towards her.

"Hey, Felicity," she said, giving the blonde a hug.

"Hi, Caitlin," Thea said, hugging her after Felicity had pulled away.

"I don't know about you guys," Felicity said. "But I'm ready to party!"

Thea and Caitlin both laughed.

"I can take you guys to your hotel," Caitlin said, leading them outside. "Then we can go party," she said, amusement twinkling in her eyes.

They reached Caitlin's car, and she unlocked it. The moved to the back and opened the trunk.

"Thanks for taking us," Thea said, placing her bag in the back of Caitlin's car.

"It is no problem," Caitlin replied.

Something whizzed past Thea and Caitlin. Felicity gasped and put a hand to her neck. She pulled out a yellow dart and stared at it in surprise.

"Felicity!" Thea said in alarm. Felicity began to fall. Thea and Caitlin rushed to her side and gently placed her on the ground.

Another whizzing noise, and a matching yellow dart lodged itself in Thea's neck. She winced and looked to see where it came from. Caitlin turned to look too, but something sharp bit into her neck. She quickly touched her neck and pulled out a dart. She shared a panicked look with Thea before everything went black.