Chapter One: A Royal Engagement

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Richards? The Queen would like a word with you." He said and I smiled at Kate before patting Kate's cheek. 

"I'll be back to see you and fix anything," I whispered before I grabbed my purse and followed Christopher to the Queen's office. 

"Your Majesty. I brought Ms. Richards as you requested." Christopher said before waving me in. Before I made eye contact I curtsy before standing up. 

"It has been so long since I've last seen you." The Queen said as she walked over and patted my hand. 

"Your Majesty I saw you on your birthday." 

"Seven months ago Isla. I still consider you a part of this family. Come. Sit. We have things to discuss." She said as she pointed to a chair in front of her desk. I placed my bag on the right chair before sitting down and smiling. 

"You still plan weddings correct?" 

"Yes, your majesty." 

"How would you feel about planning William and Kate's wedding? You will be paid." The Queen said and I grinned. 

"Really? Me? Are you sure? There have to be more people far higher in the ranks than me." I rushed and I found the queen smiling at me. 

"That is true. But you are the only one who knows how I want things and how Kate and William want things. Are you going to be in the wedding?" She questioned and I smiled. 

"I believe so. But I can still do this job." I firmly stated and she grinned. 

"Wonderful. An office is being set up in this palace for you. You will be given a badge to come and go in this palace as you need. Do you think you would need a bedroom?" The Queen began as she stood up and I quickly grabbed my bag and followed. 

"If I am working late all I would need is a couch in my office and somewhere in there to store clothes," I said as she opened the door and nodded. 

"Good. Christopher will give you your badge before you leave. Your office is being touched up and should be done within a day or two. You will get a call when it is down. Any questions?" The Queen asked and I shook my head. 

"No your Majesty. Thank you." I said before I bowed to a curtsy.

"No Ms. Richards. Thank you. I believe this wedding then my son Edwards." She said with a smile before I turned and walked out of her office and back to where I left Kate. I don't think I was watching where I was going when I bumped into someone and was flown to the ground. 

"Isla, you never look where you are going." A voice said and I looked up to see Harry. 

"Of course I don't your highness," I said as I turned and grabbed my purse thanking god that it was zipped up. Harry held his hand out for me and pulled me up. 

"Meeting with granny again? What did you do this time?" He asked as he started walking with me to the sitting room again. 

"You ask as if I'm still in University. She wants me to plan the wedding." I said a grin. Harry stared at me for a moment before smiling. 

"Then congratulations are in order for you." He said as he opened the sitting room door and we stepped inside. 

"Congratulations for what?" A voice asked making me turn to see Kate and William. 

"You two look wonderful!" I said with a smile

"Isla here is going to be planning the wedding." Harry said and Kate squealed as she hugged me. 

"Oh thank heavens! I thought I would have to deal with some prissy person!" Kate said and I laughed softly. 

"So when do you want to meet with us to discuss everything?" William asked as he hugged me. 

"I'll give you guys two days to rest. You both know when I plan a wedding how I get." I said earning them to chuckle. 

"We do." They said before the four of us all sat down and a maid came in with tea. 

"How do you think you did with the interview?" I asked Kate. 

"I believe pretty good. Will talked more than me." She explained making me smile before a knock came to the door and Christopher walked in. 

"Here is your badge Ms. Richards." He said as he placed it in my hand making me smile at him. 

"Thank you, Christopher. Tell her Majesty I thank her once again." I said with a smile before I turned back to Kate and William. 

"So Ms. Isla. Anyone in your life I need to threaten?" Will asked earning me to roll my eyes. 

"No. I just finished two weddings that were so close to each other only three weeks ago. I barely have time for men." I said earning Kate to roll her eyes. 

"Lies. Everywhere we go eyes are on her." 

"Well of course. She is beautiful." Harry said and I freeze softly before smiling at him. 

"Thank you, Harry," I said with a smile before I looked at my watch and sighed. 

"I have to go. I have dinner with my brother. I'll see you all in a couple days." I stated as I stood up and grabbed my purse. 

"See you soon Isla." Kate said as she held my hand before I turned and made my way out of the sitting room and out the palace towards my car.