Dedication + Disclaimer

This book isn't dedicated to just one person, because there are a handful of people that inspire me and make me want to continue to test the limits and try new things! This book is really out of my comfort zone. If you've ever read anything I've written, you know that the darkest it ever gets is a few drunk elderly women and some pushy ex-boyfriends. This is on an entirely different level from that. So, honestly, this book is dedicated to anybody that has ever encouraged me, inspired me, or made me want to continue to write. Including, but certainly not limited to, Elizabeth and Nikki who heard the idea first, Belle who is my soulmate, Jay who always knows what to say, Ayshe and Moh who have literally been around to encourage me forever, Shab who is my wifey and lover, Aneliz and Emma who make me laugh and create lovely covers for me because I am artistically inept, and all my other lovely homies in my everyday life and on this site. Shout out to my boyfriend, too, because he came up with the title and is usually just around.

That being said, this story is kind of heavy, and probably extremely triggering for some people. It's not meant to glorify or sugarcoat the ideas that occur in this book, or the true events they're based on. This story is obviously not true, and is written for fun, to not only explore a reality that's less than ideal, but to also push the boundaries a bit. There is nothing romantic about the events that take place, but I think the thing that makes the idea so good is that they're able to find love in a hopeless situation (that was almost a lyric...) and ultimately get through a rough time by borrowing each other's strength.

There's a bit of violence and strong language throughout, but nothing graphic, and no serious permanent physical damage comes to any characters involved. Obviously there is emotional trauma, and that aspect isn't just going to be pushed aside. But, above all else... and apart from the hella long warning I just wrote.... enjoy. Welcome to Stockholm.

-Perk

Covers by @TheEmmaZebas and @chipsnfish1

EDIT 11-8-14: I WROTE THIS BEFORE ANYBODY KNEW THERE WAS A SONG CALLED 'STOCKHOLM SYNDROME' ON FOUR AND I WOULD LIKE MY FUTURE PREDICTION CREDITS PLEASE AND THANK YOU I AM THE CHOSEN ONE, I TITLED THIS THE NAME OF A FUTURE TRACK, SUCK MY DICK.

Okay, carry on.