Brewing (1)

Ship - Space Prince (Maxx x Val) [Art credit ChloeCovellite ))

Val had waited a couple days for this god damn thing to finish, and it finally came in, completed. The glass vile had a swirling pink liquid in it, a rosey color that bubbled and fizzed. Val walked to the cabinets and opened them, pulling out a glass. He set the glass down on the counter, pouring in some unnamed soda brand, and then dumping the potion in as well. Just as he finished stirring and mixing it together, Maxx walked in the door.

Maxx threw his things onto the ground and sat at the counter, practically face-planting as he buried his face in his arms. With a load groan, Maxx looked up at the other.
Val smiled at him softly, sliding the drink over. "Hey! I made you a drink."

"Thanks." Maxx gave a short answer, picking the drink up and taking a sip. He quickly downed it once he had tasted it, and slid the glass back to Val. "Holy shit. Did you make that? By yourself?"

He nodded.

"Its good. You got any more?"

Val shook his head no, shrugging. He looked into Maxx's eyes, trying to tell if anything had changed, but alas, it was nothing. "So, how was your day?" He asked, tapping his fingers on the island.

"Shit," Maxx responded, messing with his hair and pulling at it, "Nothing seems to be going right today, my friend and I got into another argument, and I have a shit-ton of homework to do!" He gave a long sigh and slammed his head onto the countertop.

"...Oof.." Val bit his lip, not really knowing what to say.

Maxx shrugged it off. "Eh, it's whatever," Changing the subject, he pointed to the glass. "What even was in that? I gotta get some more, man."

Val blushed a tad bit, lying. "I ordered most of it online, from Canada or something. They only gave me like... half of a bottle?"

"Bottle of what?"

His blush darkened to where it was noticeable. "Uh- Soda."

"Weird. Well, I'm gonna go work on some shit, you know where to bother me." Maxx walked up the stairs without another word. Val looked at the bottom of the glass and saw it was completely empty.

Why didn't it work? Did I do something wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya boys a lazy writer and is gonna write the rest later, for now, I'm posting this