Chapter 13

Auggie POV

I had talked my sister and Sylvie to both going to Molly's. They promised they would be back by 11:30. Today was Saturday and christmas was coming soon.

My sister set up a Christmas tree in the living room. Blue and I were laying on the couch just shortly after they left. It was now nearing 9 and I decided to watch some Netflix. The cities lights reflected into the apartment. Suddenly I heard a noise come from behind the couch. I assured myself it was nothing and continued to watch my show.

I heard it again.

Blue didn't seem to mind so again I assured myself it was nothing.

I quickly paused my show and decided to go in my room and grab my journal that Dr. Charles gave me. I began to write as I unpaused my show.

Journal entry

Sarah left me home alone for the first time since the incident. I was never really alone much before anyways. I heard a noise a few minutes ago but I think its nothing because Blue didn't react to it. I hope eventually I'll be able to stay home without getting scared. Thats all I have to say for now.

end of entry

I knew that once school started I would have more to say in this journal but I am definitely not taking this thing to school with me. I'm nervous about even taking Blue to school with me even though I know I have to.

I picked up my phone. It was now 10:30. One more hour until they were home. I was starting to become sleepy. Maybe I'll just close my eyes for a little

Sarah POV

I was not looking forward to leaving Auggie home alone but some how I got talked into it.

The night at molly's consisted of me drinking some beer and constantly checking my phone to see if my sister messaged me. Yet I heard nothing from her and by 11:15 I was practically pulling Sylvie out of the door.

Our walk home was short and cold. I couldn't wait to get back to my sister.

I quietly opened the door hoping that I would find Auggie asleep somewhere. Sure enough she was passed out on the couch. "Should we wake her up?" Sylvie asked. I nodded my head as I placed my hand on her shoulder hoping to wake her up. She rolled over and looked at me with sleepy eyes. "Hi sleepyhead" I said sitting next to her and pulling her into a side hug. She groaned and placed her head on my shoulder. "Bed." she said with her eyes closed. "You're gonna have to walk kiddo." I said helping her stand up. I got her tucked into bed and then did the same for myself

A/n: This is very short but I wanted to post something. I apologize for the gap. Holidays have been crazy. Hope you all had a merry Christmas.