Broken Vow

Marriage. Is something that I always dream of. White wedding. Long gowns. And marry the man I wanted to be with all my life. But its not going to happen I think. for the past 35 years of my existence in this world, I never experienced having a someone special is making me smile and experience the "adrenaline rush". 

I am Mary. A successful entrepreneur of our family business. My younger brothers were all married. I am the only one left. I am the firstborn and yet, they were the first ones to married before me. Maybe the reason was I am scared to or I am busy and have no time for my love life.  My parents once said that "marriage is not something you'll swallow and let it out once you have feel the pain."

My mom always brag me when will I get married. "You are 35 years old. And yet you have no plans of settling down. Look at your brothers, Marcus and Max. They already have 4 children."

"Mom, that plan will come at the right time. Just don't worry about that.It will come maybe when I'm ready. Right now, I just want that before I get married I want to ensure the future of my children."I said.

"When will you be ready? You're already getting old my daughter.Time is running fast. Don't waste it, Mary."

That words my mom said made my world stop. Yes, time is really fast. When will Mr. Right will come to my life? I don't want to get old having no experience of having my first kiss, my first date and my first "puppy love".

I always go to places I wanted to have a vacation and away from the stress my job is making me. One of my favorite and my unforgettable place is Hawaii. This place made me feel calm, serene and help me think things over. 

I have a business trip there and my investors invited me in their new yacht. We were traveling the seas while getting drunk, socializing and most of all getting laid. My friend, Anice was really drunk and had no idea that she had already drank 8 shot glasses of martinis.She went towards me and said something I really didn't understand and accidentally had pushed me out of the yacht.

One thing I am not good at is swimming. I am drowning. I heard alot of people shouting for help as I go down deep in the ocean.One thing on my mind was "Lord, Please don't let me drown. But if this one of your plans for me...I will not stop you Lord." Then I slowly closed my eyes and felt my heart and my body being paralyzed.

Then a man about 29 years old in age..tanned skinned..and have this "boy next door" looks jumped and saved me from drowning. He have done CPR on me for about 5 times until I coughed louder and opened my eyes. I saw this person who saved me smiling for his relief. Then everyone clapped.

We went back at the resort and have our dinner served. I decided not to eat anything until I haven't thank that man who saved me. I searched for him at the resort and saw him by the beach laying down in the sand watching the stars. 

"Hi."I said shakily.

"Come, sit down."He said looking at me while he smiled sweetly."They're beautiful isn't it?"

"Um, Yeah. When I was a kid I always used to think that the people whom we love when they die, they became stars...shining on people whom they love not to lose hope and not to cry..because they have are always there guiding them with their light."

"I also believed in that. But of course, its just a fallacy."

"Um, listen.. I wanted to thank you for saving me a while ago. How could I ever repay you?"

Then he sat down and sighed."Your welcome. No, thank you. I don't need you to repay me. Just a simple thank you is ok."He said smiling.

I smiled back shyly.