Chapter Nineteen

Zacznij od początku

“I don’t know. Numb. Dizzy.”

“What’s going on?” Grandmother asked, transforming into her doctor persona. It was so weird seeing her so young.

“Something is missing, I think.”

“Lucien was such a brilliant man. He really did give you the ability to stay with him forever. However, that is not a good thing now. It seems that the part of himself that he gave to you was tied to your human side, instead of you as a whole. The angel part repelled him.”

“But what does that mean?”

“Your soul ripped in two when I brought you here. Your human side is still with Lucien.”

“What?” I asked dumbly and passed out.

I must have woken up right away.

“Aimee, you must decide something quickly. Angels are not supposed to have souls, not the same as humans do. Their souls are tied to their physical forms and it’s hard to explain to you. But you can’t stay like this forever or you will cease to exist. Look at your fingers.” God ordered, talking fast. My fingers were literally disappearing, and my wedding ring along with it. “The only way I can help you is if I turn you into a full angel.”

“Do it.”

“Wait, listen to me. You will change. Your human side… Well, I don’t know what will happen to it. I just know it won’t come back to you. You will see things differently, feel things differently. You will never be the same again. Are you sure you want to?”

“I don’t have much of a choice, do I? I want to live.” I looked down, seeing that my hands and feet had disappeared completely.

“You’re in good hands, Aimee, you’ll be okay.” Grandmother assured me.

“I’ll always love you two, no matter what.”

Mom patted my hair. “We know, honey.”

God’s translucent hand reached down and touched my forehead. It felt like chains that had been holding me back were released and I now truly knew what power felt. Everything from my old life flew away to make a new person, a new angel. It didn’t feel good -- it felt amazing. I was changing from the inside, out, and apparently, from a few gasps from Grandmother and Mom, it was showing.

“You must sleep now. Everything is alright.”

I don’t know how I fell asleep with all of the power that was flowing in my veins, but I did. The power was intoxicating and it was the last thing I remembered.

* * *

When I woke up, my human family was gone. The look of Heaven had changed and I felt like I had the best sleep of my life. Heaven looked like an ancient Greek temple. Not quite, but that was the best thing I could describe it to.

“How do you feel?” God asked, in Angellican. He was so bright I couldn’t even look at him.

“Great, amazing, strong, powerful…” I could go on and on, using words in Angellican that didn’t translate to English. I stood up and stretched, suddenly aware of two extra limbs attached to my shoulder blades. I craned my neck and looked behind me. Two brilliantly white and feathered wings stretched out and retracted. “I have wings?”

“They all did, before I cast them out.”

“Why me?”

“You are not one of them. You have not defied me.”

“I have to stay here?” I asked, trying not to sound ungrateful.

“Actually, I need you to do one more thing for me. I know you have done so much already, but this is the last time.”

“What is it?” I asked while studying myself. I glowed from the inside out and all of my scars were gone. My skin was quite literally flawless. The scars contained so much of my past and they were gone, another thing that meant I just started a new life.

“I need you to make them come back.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“Easier said, than done.”

“I am aware of that, but I am confident that you are fully capable of completing this task. I did just save you and make you into a supreme being, after all.”

“What do I have to do?”

“You will learn once you return, I believe.”

“Well, that’s very cryptic.”

“I have confidence in you.”

“Thank you.”

“Are you ready to go back to Earth?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I sighed.

“Good, let me show you how.”