New Realms

Chapter Nine- New Realms

A Few Months Later

Anne had applied for scholarship to study in Australia. She needed a break for the family drama. She had not told anyone about it. When she got the scholarship, she found it harder than she thought, to break it to her friends. Adam really freaked out about it when he knew she was going away for two whole years. Tanya was sobbing and inconsolable. She finally had a girl friend and she was going far away from her. While she was trying to console Tanya, she saw Adam walk off from the corners of her eyes.

"Adam." She called out but he was gone.

"Ummm you kinda sprung it on us, Anne." Neil finally spoke.

"I didn't want to tell you guys before I got it. I never thought I would get it, considering the competition."

"Well, you gotta go talk to him. I got Tanya." Anne looked at Tanya who finally looked up to her.

"I'm fine, Anne. Go." Smiling feebly at her, Anne ran to the direction Adam had gone. 

"What are you doing to my locker?" She tried to make the situation lighter. Adam was brooding in front of her locker.

"......"

"Oh! The dreaded silent treatment! God help me!" She dramatically put the back of her hands against her forehead. If Adam was amused by it, he certainly did not show it. 

"Don't go." The husky voice spoke and somehow she could not reply. She was feeling the knots on her throat. She felt like she was choking.

Without saying anything further, Adam walked to her and kissed her. She lost herself in the moment. She could not think straight. She just kissed him back like there was no tomorrow. Considering the situation at hand, that probably might just be true.

"Why?" Anne asked as they finally broke apart from the kiss.

"Because you have grown on me."

She knew she had to go. She just did not have the heart to say no to him. She just hugged him tightly.