Chapter sixteen

Marshall's p.o.v

'ugh!!, now he's done it!!...even if it's indirect or not'. I rushed towards gumball. Without me knowing, I punched him hard in his right cheek, knocking him over and making him spit the bits of berry he had chewed. 'ha! I've been wanting to do that for a long time now..'. It didn't even hurt punching him, he's soft, chewy, and a wad!.

"GLOB!! gumball!" I heard fionna shout from afar, making her way towards him.

"oh boy!, this is gonna leave a mark!. come on Marshall, a punch for a strawberry?!. you've gotta be kidding me!" gumball shouted, throwing the half-eaten berry in my face as he fainted, stumbling in fionna's arms. 'what's gonna leave a mark?, your a gum'

"ooh...he's cute when he's asleep.." I heard fionna mumble as her face started to flush red and her eyes sparkled.

"I'll leave him to you 'Fi'" I said, as she nod I head back towards the group. Sitting beside marceline, I noticed them staring at me biting their lower lip. Then altogether they burst out laughing leaving me and marceline silent.

"I can't believe you sugar! you always held back when it comes to our gumball, but for a berry?" cake said, wiping her eyes

"yeah, what is it with the strawberry anyway?" marceline asked snatching the half-eaten berry from my hand and flying away from the group. I flew behind her, following her until she stopped in one place and hovered in a sitting position. I sat with her facing the sun as it sets, it kinda hurt but I like it like she does. She handed me the berry and started asking why I punched gumball for it.

"I don't want him to take it" I answered

"okay" she sighed hoping for more answers

"the kiss...I don't want him to have it!" I said awkwardly as turned away, looking at the other direction. I my cheeks started to heat up as I felt the tension grow. 'keep it together marshall, your losing it'

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

My ears started to have this ear-piercing sound, as my face heated up and I felt my blood run through my cheeks..

"kiss?!, what kiss?" I asked as I got puzzled

"ugh!, nothing..I mean the indirect kiss, I don't want him to have it" he said, gathering all his courage to look at me directly. Making me daze at him for a moment. flustered, I turned my face away from him. I don't actually know what I look right now.

"okay I get it, I don't want him to have it either" I said smiling at him, my smile faded as I saw him. I don't like what his eyes look right now, their filled with sadness. 'What did I do now?!'

"we should get back" he said plainly leaving me behind. We left as soon as gumball woke up. Marshall didn't even say a single word to me.

~*~

A day after we went to marshmellowy meadow Marshall still ignored me for the whole day, not even visiting me, so I didn't go to him either. I was at home when I felt emotionally exhausted, I mean physically.

For a long time, I curled up in my couch staring at nothing when I heard a sudden clap of thunder, startling me. I stood up flying to my porch at the back. the rain was pouring really hard outside.

As soon as the cold breeze touched my skin, I felt a slight chill making me quiver. I entered the house, plopping on the couch then breathing in deeply. I inhaled again catching a scent, a familiar one. I jumped out of the couch, quickly flying towards the window near my door.

Peeking trough it, I saw a vogue structure, hovering in front of my door. I watched it carefully as it slowly reached for the door. Clenching it's fist then reluctantly knocked on the door making me flinch.

It's someone I know, maybe. I reached for the doorknob, turning it and unlocking the door. As I opened it, I saw Marshall. Dripping wet from the rain. I only looked at him until He slowly turned his gaze at me, making me meet his red orbs.

"hey." he said in a suppressed manner, smiling at me. 'hey?!, is that all you can say after you ignored me for a day?!'

------------------------------

Marshall's p.o.v

The day she said she don't like gumball to have 'it'--you should already know what I meant. The sadness just overcame me, thinking that maybe if I really have these feelings for her, she won't like me back. But I kept thinking, 'do I really like her? since when?' yeah, since when?

I was flying home after I went to the fire kingdom sending flame prince something. I just happen to pass by Marcy's cave, thinking of visiting her, when the heavy rain came pouring down on me. I don't want my axe wet so I went inside her cave for cover.

I was soaking wet above a willow tree when I caught marcy's scent and the door at the back porch creaked open. Seeing her retreat in her house made me want to see and talk to her, even just for a minute. I flew in her deck then reluctantly knocked on her door, the door swung open and there she was, standing in her door.

"hey.." I say in a suppressed manner, smiling at her. She closed the door leaving a small opening. Maybe she don't want to talk to me right now, after all, I was the one who ignored her first. I was about to go when she came out, covering me in a towel then letting me in.

"so, what are you doing out in the rain?" she asked, plopping in the couch

"just passing by" I said, starting to sneeze

"whoa!, why don't you..um..take a shower, you might catch cold, I'll look for clothes that would fit you" she said, pulling me up into the bathroom then throwing me another towel. I did as she told me to, I turned the water running, took off my shirt and jeans then slipped in the tub, closing the shower curtain.

"h-hey!, is the curtain closed?" she asked as she knocked on the door.

"yeah!"

"I'm coming in" I heard the door creek open as she came in, "I found a baggy trouser. I'll leave it here." she said, quickly flying out of the room

------------------------------

Marceline's p.o.v

The trouser was owned by ash after he left it here when he stayed the night, sleeping on my couch. Then after I let him stay for the night, he started to order me like a slave, making me cook his stupid breakfast, even pronouncing every word sluggishly, what a jerk!. But after he threw it in my laundry, I washed it, enough to take his scent off it.

I looked for a shirt that would fit him, finding a plain black sweater. I hovered in the bed with the shirt, waiting for him to come out. After fifteen minutes on the dot, I grew tired of waiting and I couldn't hear him moving inside so I went closer to the door, reluctantly raising my hand for a knock.

But before I could even knock, the door swung open, seeing Marshall. His towel was draped around his neck and he's half-naked, of course he was, I didn't give him an upper garment but that wasn't intentional. Standing this close is kinda..awkward.