Chapter III - Denial With a Side Order Of Closure

Not much of an author's note. Seems I might all well get straight to the story. Keep reading, enjoy, and give me some feedback. I might have a cookie for you. My absence has hopefully been noticed. I have been busy with school and such.

Between understanding and faith immediate connections must subsist. - Marquis de Sade

"Your handling this well. Most humans would be in denial. Or at least no so accepting. I have not seen you shed a tear or show any emotion for the matter," Elizebeth told Ira.

Ira's reply simply was," Living in a house with a women who took pleasure from my outer appearance, I learned to hide behind a blank face."

"Enough with the small talk, we have bigger things to take care of. Such as this meeting with the Council. Rarely does the Council request to meet with humans who are inexperienced with our ways. Only speak when spoken to. Answer their question with short, straight forward answers. Maintain eye contact and show a level of respect," the still nameless man instructed Ira.

"You have told me everyone else's name but your own. It is weird and awkward to keep having to address someone who's name I do not know." Ira asked.

"Names carry power . . . Such as your own. Your name Ira mean wrath in Latin. There is no need to worry about my own." replied the man.

Ira along with the four Hunters made their way to the Council. As they walk various Hunters stared at the group. Along with the excessive staring, whispers of who is that were heard. As Ira and the Hunters approached where the room the meeting with the Council was Ira could not help to overlook how his life has changed in a short hours. From heading home to his aunt, to having that strange dream, to waking up to seeing the Hunters, killing his aunt, and now meeting this "Council". He found it insane and could not believe what he had got himself into.

"You", one of the guards said to Ira. " The Council is inside, we have instructions to let you inside,"said yet another guard.

Walking into the court resembling a courtroom, Ira sat in the chair next to the other Hunters. He looked up and saw seven of what reminded him of thrones. Each chair sat a man or women. The oldest looking to be eighty-five with the youngest looking to be forty-three. Four men and three women made up the Council. All looked like they were born to do nothing other than to sit on that throne and rule.

"Welcome Hunters, it seems one of the Alpha teams have come back to us before a mission change. Well guess due to the circumstances, the Council will have to allow it. Excuse me, I am ignoring our guest of honor. My name is Gus, Head Councilman. Despite my seemingly easy going nature I hate to be lied to. So first off you will tell me you what happened. Then Judas, leader of Alpha team will explain the story as a Hunter sees fit. The Council will decide on what is the best option to take involving your tricky situation. So let the mortal begin."

With that, Ira began.

*******

"Quite an interesting story you two . . . Rare of a mere mortal to have such resentment for the women who raised him. Nor is it common for mortal to be so accepting of the impossible. Especially a mortal raised in a country like the United States, who are so doubtful of things not provable by "science". Quite shocking indeed . . . so Judas after saving the boy from his undoubtful "demise" what crossed your mind to keep an eye on him. Does not seem like your style to be babysitting a mortal, who had ran paths with a vampire. Especially adding that your current objective is to monitor and control the two races. So please example your reasoning before I take it into my own hands to remove you from leadership of your team."

"Simple, I felt it would be necessary to monitor the boy. He witnessed something he should not have witnessed. Unless I could be sure if he would speak on what he saw I did not want to kill him. A Hunter's role and sole reason for existence is for the preservation of the human races. To protect all mortals, and to keep the knowledge of the things in this world they can not comprehend hidden. So, killing the very thing I was trained to protect is like me raising a dog to guard my backyard and then having the dog live in the house. "

"As slick with words as ever . . . So Ira I believe it is, you had a run in with what various societies termed vampire. What you may know about them is false. It was The Guild's idea to cover up any information in your media that is released. Centuries of work has gone into keeping these beasts secret. It has been over one hundred years since a mortal born Hunter. Not many moral born have been in your place. But, let me stop now before I give away too much information. The Council will discuss on what options we can take to deal with the current issues. Please feel free to go to the rooms prepared for you to rest until we meet a conclusion."

With that all the Hunters, including Ira left the room to be escorted to their rooms. Before entering his room, Ira was stopped by Judas," As you can see the head Councilman Gus likes to talk. The Council does not believe in caring much for mortals. They believe that if mortal lives must be sacrificed to ensure that the secret remains so be it. Do not expect much from this meeting. The Council just wanted a reason to why I allowed our secrets to possibly be exposed. But I will let you go and rest up."

With that Ira walked into his room. Simple design, wood oak bed, lamp, bathroom, and not much else. It took Isaiah fifteen minutes to lay down and another three minutes to start dreaming. The dream could have been said to have been a continuation of the last dream. With the man sitting on his throne. The same footman returns looking worn, with torn armor, and a blood stains around his mouth and fingers shaped like claws.

"Lord Dracula, or enemies are fastly approaching. The Hunters are already at the front castle door. We are barely holding them off. Your general are calling for you aid in battle."

" Let them make their way to the throne room. In time our enemies will lay defeated beneath my feet. And after their defeat I will crush their bones. I want each of the Firstborns here. Put my armor on" sneered Dracula

******

Clanks of metals and sounds of a battle could be heard outside of the room. As predicted by the messenger, the Hunters and the Lycans drew closer and closer to the King's throne. Why this was important for Ira and why did it take for him to meet a vampire for these visions to occur was a unsolved mystery. All Ira could do is sit, watch, and wait for whatever happens next to go ahead and happen. He was not kept waiting long. The front door, which was bolted shut, with several vampire guarding it we blown out of place. In walked several Hunters, which followed by several Lycans smashing through the skyline.

"I see all my enemies thought it to be smart to come crashing into my throne room. This is my kingdom . . . "

A knock on Ira's door wakes him from his sleep. Isaiah fell out of the bed, waking up to answer the door. At the door is no other than Elizebeth. "Ira, the Council has reached their decision."

Sitting down in the same room Ira did not like the fact that someone else, other people are decided what will happen to him. The craziest thing is that all the Council members except Gus had emotionless faces. Guz had nothing but a grin from ear to ear.

"We have thought long and hard Ira," Gus explained."We looked over situation, the fact that your aunt was "killed" by vampires, how much you know, and few other things. It has been decided that . . . you will return to regular society and forget what you saw. Act like nothing happened. Now due to the incident with you aunt you will be given well compensation. Be thankful that we are not ordering your execution along with Senior Hunter Judas."

"That is bullshit . . .
compensation . . .  you're simply trying to purchase my silence. Fuck that you expect me to act like nothing happened and just forget what I say. I refuse to just act like nothing happened, fuck you, and fuck this Council," ranted Ira.

"Judas, control the boy before I execute him. Now Judas, you and your team will be reassigned. Due to your service to the Guild and your position as a senior Hunter, you will retain leadership of your team. Yet due to the need for repercussions, you will be demoted. Never repeat this mistake again or the consequences will be more grave. Now all you get the hell out of my sight!"

*****

"Was it worth it Judas, to lose trust from the Council to only have them send the boy home,"questioned Elizebeth. Judas gave her no reply and looked onward.

What occurred next is irrelevant, simply silent between everyone." Remember what the Council said Ira, forget what you saw,"advised Judas. The Hunters dropped Ira off at his aunts house . . .

Why does Ira, keep having these visions? Why did the Guild send him home? What in the hell with be next? Now this is dedicated to allmightyunicorn98. She pushes me to not only write, but to not use cliffhangers ;-)