Part one- Ka Lā

Ka Lā slowly woke.

He didn't remember falling asleep last night, though.

'Oh... shit.' Ka Lā thought. He sat up, gazing at the cell he was in. He slowly stood from the small, and very uncomfortable bed.

He was in rags. A torn, and muddy shirt clung to his toned chest. And he wore a pair of dark pants, cut to his mid lower leg. He wore no shoes. He quickly ran to the back of the cell, hiding his wrist from anyone who could see from outside.

He turned his wrist to where he saw the inside of his arm. "Anne, where am I and what's the time?" Ka Lā whispered.

"New York, seventeen-seventy four. Colonial times. Four PM." Said the glowing purple spot on his dark wrist.

Ka Lā cussed. "Fucking... they must think I'm a runaway slave or some shit like that..." he muttered, hiding his wrist again and going to the cell door. He gazed out.

A few people where in sight. One male in dark slacks and a white shirt, a woman in a fancy robins egg blue dress, and a male in a fancy dress coat and black pants.

"We have one male. African descent, well built, good for yard work and heavy lifting." The male in the white shirt said.

"Hmm... I do suppose that our old slave could use a fresh helper." The man in the dress coat said.

"I thought I was going to get a new maid..." the woman pouted.

Ka lā scoffed. "Spoiled bitch..." he muttered. "And I'm Hawaiian. Not African."

They must have heard Ka Lā, because then He heard sharp foot steps coming in his direction.

'Oh, shit, oh, shit, oh, shit.' Ka Lā thought, quickly retreated, scrambling to the back of the cell. The man in the white shirt stopped in front of Ka Lā's cell.

The Hawaiian male pressed himself to the wall.

The man outside pulled out his keys and opened the cell. "Get out here." He hissed dangerously.

Ka Lā had read enough history novels to know better than to disobey. He slowly walked foreword, his dark curls falling into his deep blue eyes.

The male grabbed Ka lā's arm roughly when he got close enough. Ka lā winced slightly, but let himself get dragged out of the cell and to the rich couple.

Now, Ka lā was Hawaiian. Making him have dark skin and hair, and then he was tall.

So tall, he towered over the other three Americans.

The woman made a face. "I wouldn't feel safe with him in our house." She whined. "And did you hear what he called me?"

The man glared Ka lā's way. "I know, Darling. But we need his youthful physique."

The woman pouted. Again. She was obviously used to getting her own way.

"We'll take him." The man finally said, after inspecting every inch of Ka Lā.

Ka lā but his tongue, about to burst out that he wasn't property to be bought.

But in this time line, he was about as human as a doll.

The man Ka Lā now belonged to handed over the money, and took the length of rope the other man held out.

Ka lā stared at the rope wide eyed. Was he doing to be tied up? He wondered. And, as if on cue, Ka Lā's new master then turned to him.

"You will address me as Master, and my wife as Mistress. Do you understand?" He said roughly.

Deciding it was best to play along, Ka lā nodded. "Yes.... master." He said as his hands where tied behind him with the length of rope.

Ka Lā closed his eyes tight, scared half to death. 'Where are you, V...?'