What Just Happened

Start from the beginning

            My eyes snapped open, followed by a scream. I sat up, looking around to see that I was in Jace’s bed, entangled by the sheets. My forehead was covered in cold sweat from my nightmare. My body was still aching and it felt as if I was hit by a car over and over again. I tried to sit up but a rush of pain exploded throughout my body. I cried out only to see that my arm was covered in warm blood.

            The air reeked of iron and the same scratch marks were where Matthew had put them in my dream. How did that happen? Was that really a dream? The bedroom door bursted open and Jace ran through it. Once he saw me he, his eyes widened and he rushed over to my bleeding arm, wrapping the sheets around it to stop the bleeding.

            “Get me the pack doctor!” Jace shouted, making my ears ring.

            I groaned and he snapped his attention back to me. He was still holding my arm, making tears stream down my cheek from the pain. Jace said nothing but from the look on his face, I knew he was worried. With his other hand that wasn’t holding my arm, he slowly wiped away the tears from my cheeks and brushed my hair out of my face.

            The door opened up which was followed by a woman who I assumed was the pack doctor and Zack. I could tell by the look on his face that he was guilty but also worried. No one knew what happened to me, heck, I barely knew. The witch Matthew had must be pretty powerful to be able to hurt me in a dream.

            The pack doctor was a beautiful woman, who didn’t look a day over twenty five. She had long brown braided hair and bright green eyes. She was extremely thin and tall which suited her well. She rushed over to me and examined the cuts on my arm. I couldn’t tell what she was doing but all I knew was that the pain started to fade and the lightheadedness I was feeling was getting better.

            Jace was sitting on the bed next to me the entire time and I couldn’t have been more grateful. Despite what I saw him doing, I felt a sense of comfort when he was near me. I felt safe. If what Matthew said was true, he would come for me and I just hope that Jace can protect me like he said he could. When the pack doctor, whose name I hadn’t learned yet, was finished she asked to speak with Jace in the hallway. That’s when I knew something was up.

            Jace, reluctantly, left my side, and headed out into the hall. Zack walked over to me slowly, as if I was a wild animal and I might attack at any moment. A frown was plastered on his face and he refused to make eye contact with me as he walked. He stood next to me and that’s when he made eye contact. His eyes were bloodshot and there were bags under them.

            “How long was I out for?” I asked, confused.

            “About a day. It’s about three o’clock the next day.” He frowned.

            “What! What happened?” I asked, feeling like I had just passed out for an hour or something.

            “We aren’t sure. I think that’s what Jace is talking to Rachel about.” He said, and now I knew the pack doctor’s name.

            “Look, I know what you saw before you passed out was hard to see but there’s a good reason for it.” Zack added.

            “I don’t even care right now, a lot changed and I’m just thankful to be alive. I just want to be with you and Jace.” I replied.

            He leaned over and wrapped his arms around me, making sure to not hurt me. I faked a smile and tried to not focus on the pain that I was still in. A growl filled the room and I looked over to see Jace standing in the doorway, fists clenched. Zack immediately let go of my and held his hands up in the air in defense.

            “Dude, just calm down.” Zack said softly.

            “Shut up, Zack. Don’t touch my mate.” Jace growled, jealously taking over.

            “Jace, please come here.” I whispered and his eyes met mine.

            He instantly calmed down and ignored Zack. He made his way over to me and wrapped his arms around me, lying next to me in the bed. He shot Zack a death glare and he was smart enough to get the hint to leave the room. I laid my head on Jace’s chest, listening to his heartbeat.

            “Jace, I’m scared.” I admitted, loving the warmth his body was giving me.

            “I know, Iz. I’m here for you. Everything is going to be okay, I promise.” He said, holding me tighter.

            “Don’t make promises you can’t keep.” I whispered before my eyes became too heavy to keep open.

            I woke up for the third time to find that I was still in Jace’s arms. I glanced at the clock which read, seven in the morning. Did I really just sleep the rest of the day? My arm wasn’t covered in bandages anymore and all that was left was the faint red scars from the scratches. Advantages to being a werewolf, I guess. I untangled myself from Jace, hoping not to wake him up. I tiptoed over to the bathroom, being extremely quiet. I was a bit lightheaded, but that could be from the blood loss from yesterday or the lack of food. I used the restroom and opened the door to find Jace in the doorway.

            “Morning. How are you feeling?” He asked.

            “Better than yesterday. We need to talk though.” I replied, followed by a yawn.

            He nodded and led me out of the bedroom. I followed closely behind him, my body feeling better but still sore. We walked into the kitchen and the sweet smell of pancakes filled the air. I turned to Jace and smiled. I walked in the kitchen to see Zack standing by the stove, cooking pancakes and bacon, my favorite.

            I busted out laughing when Zack turned around and was wearing one of those ‘Kiss the Cook’ aprons. He wanted me a plate but as I went to grab it, he pointed down to his apron. I rolled my eyes and leaned and kissed him on the cheek. I’m surprised that Jace didn’t get all protective and jealous. I took the plate filled with pancakes and bacon and sat down, not wasting any time to shove them down my throat.

            Jace sat down at the table with me, smiling as I ate. God, I wished he would smile more like that and not always be serious. In the back of my mind, I saw him killing that rogue, but then another part of me overlooked that. As I finished my food, I knew it was time to talk and the smiles would fade and the tears would come.

Hey, here's another update. I just couldn't leave you all hanging on what happened to Izzy. What did you think? If you still don't understand what happened, it will be explained better in the next chapter. Please comment and vote!!!! I love reading all your comments and seeing all the votes, it really makes my day when I see them. This dedication goes to @AshleyRoebuck. Thanks for commenting!!! I'm glad you're reading it. I'll update as soon as I can, but exams are coming up so I'm not sure when I can update though. :)