The L1fe

Work is hard.

It's hard when you don't really get along with people. It's even harder in show business when you're surrounded by people and things more fake the reputation these management companies make you out to be.

Life is hard.

It's hard when your company of so-called friends and people you should be having close relations with are almost as fake as the concern they have when you decide not to go to a party.

So that's how it felt for James.

He felt that everything was insincere and fake around him. All his friends were only into the hype of things that weren't permanent in this world. They indulged in relationships that didn't last, which made him start to think that love wasn't real.

He reflected on his previous relationship with Ericka and if she was only with him so she could brag about shagging him, what more the people he worked with or the people he called his friends on live television?

Life felt like he was just going day-to-day trying to find the next big thing that will distract him from the emptiness he feels being in show business.

Reflecting on his current life, he realized that he would go to work with people who didn't have souls. They just needed him for his face and his voice, but they didn't really need him. He would spend his leisure times with people who were even more soulless (if that was even possible) and were content drowning in as much alcohol they could get their hands on because being drunk and fake was better than being sober and fake.

The only real good thing in his schedule was the girl.

Nadine.

As much as she had grown up in this industry, he could feel that everything she said and did towards him was genuine. She had this sparkle in her eyes and laugh that should be an ailment for angry people.

Soon after, if he didn't see the the twinkle in her face, it made him want to hurt the reason that she was unhappy. Everytime he saw her cry, he felt it and it affected his work.

It wasn't supposed to be anything, but he found himself falling for her.

And boy, did he fall for her.

With more than just the laugh and the twinkle in her eyes, he fell in love with everything Nadine stood for. For the way she thought, mind and soul. For the way he fought for things she thought were worth putting up a fight for. For the way she loved, emotionally, whole-heartedly (and physically).

When he allowed himself to realize just how much he was in love with Nadine, he couldn't help but want to give her the world. He wanted to see the world with her too because everytime she looked at him and smiled, knowing that he was the reason for it, it made his heart grow more in love — with himself, with her, with the idea of him and her forever.

And that's what helped fill the hole in his heart while simultaneously dispelling the fears he used to have about love. Being with Nadine allowed him to see that there was more to life than just dragging your feet day-to-day. That the voices that used to haunt him with thoughts of forever being surrounded by hypocritical people were just lost souls who never found true love.

At least, even if this was just temporary (although he knows it in his heart that they're going to make it), he'll be forever grateful that he gets to experience a love as great as this with a woman as incredible Nadine.

~~~~~~