Chapter 9: First Nights And Sleep

The words kept repeating themselves, over and over. The two voices, I didn't know who they were.

And I heard more screams, and yes. They were coming from me.

I still felt the tugging on that thread, so I knew Alex was here. But where did Sirius go?

I still felt his hand in mine, hearing the voice of Lily coming into view.

"Lia, you can't close your eyes. Not this time. Not this time." That was Sirius. One of the voices was Sirius.

"Olivia. I know you feel the thread, don't close your eyes. Keep them open." That's Alex.

Were my eyes even open in the first place? All I could see was black, and all I could do was nod a little as the pain in my head slowly faded.

Sirius' hand tightened around mine, as my screaming stopped, and my vision came back.

I saw James' worried expression that matched Remus'. Peter also had a look of concern on his chubby face. Lily let out a sigh of relief, and Alex fell back into his seat, doing the same. But they all looked up, staring at me.

Sirius no longer had his hand in mine. Because his arms were wrapped around my shaking body, whispering little, reassuring things.

"Sirius, let her go!" Lily exclaimed, realizing what he was doing. Alex put on his wide eyed expression.

I didn't like it. I didn't like it when anyone did this. Even after something like that happens.

What is he doing?

He's comforting me.

I whimpered into Sirius touch, but I didn't pull away. I didn't like it that he was trying to comfort me, seeing me like this.

But he's trying to calm me, to make sure I'm okay.

"I don't know what you saw, if you saw anything, but you're okay now. It wasn't real, Gorgeous." He whispered to me.

Instead of arguing with him, I melted into him. And there goes that knot again.

"I didn't think it was possible. . ."

"What?"

Alex turned to Lily, a grin on his face. "They aren't fighting."

The compartment arupted in fits of laughter and chuckles, Alex earning a glare.

"HEY!" We all jumped a little, as Roslin showed up in the doorway. "Look! We're almost there!"

After Rose's parents and brother were murdered last year, she went to live with her boyfriend, Sean. She was upset for a long time.

This is maybe the first time I've seen her this happy.

"It. . . . It feels weird to be back." I muttered, gently pulling away from Sirius and leaning my head against the window. The train just passed by the Black Lake.

"Yeah." There were more mutters of agreement.

"Hey, it's sixth year, the year we learn to Apparate. Isn't that fun?" Remus grinned, as we stared at him.

Alex managed to give me a small smile, as I shared a glance with him.

What had happened? Why did I start screaming? My head hurting? When I didn't see any dream.

As the train came to a stop, and we all managed to get off into the carriages, I didn't speak to any of them. And they didn't speak to me.

Good.

As we came to a stop before Hogwarts, we were entering the Great Hall, and my joy came rushing back to me.

At the corner of my eye, I saw the boys grin.

The hall was decorated the same way, the sky enchanted to look like stars, and the houses tables aligned side by side.

We all sat down at Gryffindor Table, well, where else? I found a taller Andy and smiled, remembering he was now a second year.

I smiled at Sev, Reggie, and Lucius at Slytherin, and waved at Alex at Ravenclaw.

"Welcome new students, and welcome back the old." Dumbledore's voice spoke, as everyone quieted down.

"The Forbidden Forest-" Oh, the Forbidden Forest. I've heard this part more than once.

I didn't really pay attention to what he said, I was too busy thinking about what had happened on the train.

"Olivia, are you still there?" I snapped out of my trance, realizing Marlene and Alice.

"Oh, sorry, girls." I gave them both a quick hug, smiling at Alice and Frank.

They're adorable together.

After eating, and dragging a few first years to the common room, I stopped as a hand caught my wrist.

I turned around and saw the boys, all with worried expressions. "You okay, Lia. . . . ?" Sirius hesitated.

I sighed, "I'm fine, I'm just tired,"

His usual smirk appeared on his face. "Goodnight, Gorgeous." He gave me a wink, I waved to the boys, and we parted ways.

Alice and Marlene joined me, while I saw Lily talking with New Girl, we headed upstairs.

Dorcas Meadowes, Emmaline Vance, and Mary McDonald also joined us.

Let's just say there was a lot of hugs and squeals and talking, but I finally changed and tried going to sleep.

Tried.

But sleep just wouldn't come.

_________________________

As an early Christmas present, I'm going to put up the first chapter of 'Unison' on the 20th of December, Wednesday:)