Winter Malfunctions

Start from the beginning

As I opened the door I saw Jason's very expensive black car pull up behind the taxi. Without giving Jason another glance I got in the taxi and told the driver where to go and we were soon on the road to my job. Traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this morning and it wasn't snowing so much as it usually does in New York. It was pleasant. I paid the driver once I got to my destination and I hurried in the building to get out of the cold. The lobby was full of people rushing in and out of the building to get to places. I headed to the elevator and there I meet a familiar face.

" Hey Ace! Hold the door!" I said. The man in the elevator looked up and extended his arm in front of the door to hold it until I entered the elevator. Once I entered the door closed and Ace looked at me and said,

" Hey Luna, how you been?"

Ace was wearing dark jeans with black dress shoes and he had a light blue button up shirt with a navy blue blazer.

" I'm fine. I just had a lot of work finishing the article for the newspaper. By the way nice haircut." I said, cheerfully.

Ace had black colored hair and he had a spiky haircut, which he showed off proudly. "Thanks, and let me guess the boss had you write another big news article this time. How many has it been? 9 or 10 this week?"

" More than 15! He claims that he has no one else to write them but he's the boss and he hates me, how can I say no?" I said.

Ace and I worked as elite writers for the company who take on difficult assignments that would make articles more exciting for the public, that means talking to celebrities, going to events and traveling as well. Because of us writers, we are the number one writing business in all of the country. The elevator stopped at the third floor and a person entered in the elevator with us.

" Luna!" Said Mia as she jumped and hugged me.

Mia was another one of my closest friends that worked with me but she was a secretary for the boss.

" Hey Mia. I see you're in a good mood today." I said cheerfully and smiled at her.

Throughout our whole elevator ride we just talked about how much work we had. Ace and I got off the second floor to the top wear we worked. Ace extended his arm for me to take and I interlocked our arms together as we headed to our offices. We greeted everyone on our way to our offices in a british accent and it seemed to make everyone laugh and happy.

" Your office my lady." said Ace

" Why thank you my good sir and my you have another wonderful day." I said laughing at how ridiculous we sounded. Sure we were in our twenties but that didn't mean we couldn't have fun. I entered in my office and took out my laptop and my papers in my desk in front of me, I soon started writing the end of my recent article and editing some things too.

The whole morning I was getting feedback from the editors and handing my articles to Ace so he could send them to be published. In the afternoon I was writing a little about my trip that I recently went to on the company's website because of how many followers I get and it seems to increase the amount of people reading it every time. It was about time for me to call it a day because everyone in the staff was let out early for christmas. I was just about to pack up my work supplies when Mia entered in my office.

" Hey Danny, the boss wants to see you in his office before you leave. I should warn you that he's being a little grouchy today. Try not bother him so much." said Mia.

I grounded in annoyance and said

" Alright I'll be right there. Thanks Mia." I packed up my laptop and papers in my briefcase and left it on my desk to grab later.