Chapter Eighteen

*Warning: this chapter contains domestic abuse.*

Evie was left crying on the bench. In a matter of twenty minutes, her whole life had fallen apart. Her most guarded secret was revealed, she possibly lost her husband, and she possibly lost the love of her life.

Hours past before she returned to the castle. When she arrived, Ben wasn't there. Evie took a few moments to gather her composure, before searching for her son.

"Harry, sweetie, I need to see you."

A few moments past and her adorable son was in front of her. She knelt down and gave him a huge hug.

"Hi, how was the rest of your day?"

"Not too good, Daddy was pretty angry."

"Yeah, I can imagine."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No of course not. I did something wrong."

Harry looked at her with a confused look on his face. Evie gestured for him to come and sit on her lap, prepared to tell him everything.

"I have something to tell-"

Before Evie could say a word, Ben burst through the door. He had blood and bruises all over his face.

"Harry, why don't you go into the living room while Mommy and Daddy talk?"

The little boy got up and ran out of the room. Evie got up and walked over to where her husband was standing and gently touched his face earning a painful moan from Ben.

"What happened?"

"Your boyfriend beat me up. He said something about you being a whore and wanting to get revenge on me."

"What? Harry would never do that."

"You think I did this to myself. Wake up and smell the roses Evie, Harry is nothing more than a filthy dirty pirate. Why would you want your son to be around someone like that."

"I don't believe you. Are you drunk?"

Ben reached his hand up and slapped Evie across the face.

She let out a small shriek and moved her hand up to stroke her chin. She looked stunned and he got really close to her face and started yelling.

"Don't you dare ever question me again!"

He proceeded to hit her until she was on the floor in a fetal position. He kicked her in the stomach repeatedly and dragged her around the room by her hair.

"You are such a whore! You don't deserve to live! You're a disgrace."

Evie let out tiny screams trying not to alarm her son.

"Please Ben stop," Evie said gagging on her own blood.

"You probably didn't tell your boy Harry to stop when you were fucking him. You two were probably fucking this whole time while you were here you whore. Once a whore from the Isle of the Lost always a whore."

"Please Ben stop this," She pleaded.

He kicked her one last time, however, this one was the most painful. Evie couldn't help but let out a loud scream. Ben just laughed and stormed into the living room and grabbed Harry by the arm and dragged him into the living room. He threw the little boy next to his mother.

"This is how it's going to go. You are going to go pack your bags, cover your face, and go tell Harry you're leaving for good. If you tell him what just happened, I promise you I will kill him. So make up your mind him or your son."

Evie wrapped her arms around her son and pulled him close to her heart whispering calming things into his ear before Ben ripped him away from her.

"Now go."