4

You are unforgettable

•••

WHEN I WOKE up next, the sun was starting to set. I put the window down to feel the cool summer breeze on my face, and watched the sunset. It was beautiful, with the way all the pinks and yellows and oranges merged together like a painting. Letting out a inaudible sigh, I turned to look at my mate who was still driving, next to me.

An even more beautiful view.

Those were words I was thinking but didn't say, I would die of mortification.

Alpha Leos, my mate, sat there with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hanging slightly out of the open window on his side. His fingers were tapping a beat on the door. I noticed his arms were covered in tattoos as well as his neck, and I wondered how far they went.

I tried to discreetly turn more in his direction so that I could get a better view. His black hair moved with the soft wind, and his bronze skin glistened in the glow of the sun. His eyes, I noticed, were a lighter honey colour when the sun reflected on them.

Alpha Leos had a jawline that looked like it could cut glass, accompanied by a strong neck that for some reason, I found extremely attractive. He was wearing a black top that was slightly loose but clung to his muscles when we he shifted. He also wore a pair of black jogging bottoms. Clearly he had a sense of style that was more for comfort than fashion.

I didn't analyse him any further down, scared by what I might find below the waist line. I didn't want to venture there just yet.

A deep voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Did no one ever tell you staring is rude?"

He was still looking forward as if he didn't just speak to me, and his face was expressionless, but I could tell by his time that he was teasing. Slightly embarrassed that he caught me ogling him but not wanting him to realise, I nonchalantly replied. "I was just admiring."

"Admiring?"

"Admiring."

There was a pause. Then he spoke again. "And..... what exactly were you admiring?"

I could feel my face growing warm. "You," I blurted out without thinking. If he was surprised by my bluntness, he didn't show it. Again, he was silent for a while. I didn't know if it was because he wanted to end the conversation or because he didn't know how to respond. Either way, I continued speaking.

"Sorry, I-uh," I stumbled over my words. I usually want such a shy person, but there was just something about him that made me nervous and embarrassed. He was stoic and intimidating and so, so attractive.

Like I said, I tended to get a little shy around good looking people.

He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye, his gaze roaming my body fleetingly. He jaw ticked and he looked away.

"That just....came out," I mumbled. "I didn't- didn't mean to say that. It was weird." I squeezed my eyes shut and cringed, and I desperately wanted to disappear.

"So you weren't admiring me?" He suddenly asked. My breath hitched and I thought I had imagined that, but when he turned his head to quickly look at me questioningly, I realised he had asked it and was waiting for me to respond.