“He hasn’t been having the easiest of times.” He glowered at the ground. “He doesn’t deserve this shit, but he’s been really close to Cam lately.”

I growled under my breath, this was a reason Ciel felt the need to act like everything was fine. “What do you mean close?”

“I guess you could say that they’re sort of together now,” Kendal uttered. “It seems to be one sided on Cam’s part though.”

I growled lowly. “Where is Cam?”

“He’s at their house probably.”

“Aren’t you suppose to protect Ciel from pain?” I demanded lethally.

“Not this type of pain,” he whispered helplessly. “I don’t know what to do about this pain.”

“You feel it too?” I sighed in understanding. I walked away without a word knowing that Kendal wouldn’t tell me where Ciel was. I could find him on my own, but I knew it was what he needed. If he was with Cam it was because right now he needed something comforting, he needed reassurance that nothing had changed. He was clinging to the humanity he was made to think he had had at some point in time.

The thought of his parents hiding this from him and making his believe he was human angered me, but they did so with reason. His weak health was not something normal among our kind when he was younger and because of that they spread the word that he was human. This way any enemies wouldn’t come to harm him for being of an ancient bloodline and easy prey.

“Are you okay?” Chris asked with a frown as he came up next to me.

This question made me want to lash out at him. My partner was with another, refusing to accept our bloodline, our union, and worst of all me.

“Why don’t you just leave me alone today, Chris?” I said as quietly as possible, but loud enough for him to hear.

“It’s him again, isn’t it?” He asked with some hidden emotion in those words.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I answered not looking at him.

“Why was it him?” He demanded grabbing my arm.

“What do you want, Chris?” I growled turning to him. “He’s my partner and I can’t change that!”

“How long have you known?” He asked serious.

“Since I first saw him.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He said quietly and hoarsely.

“At the time you didn’t know about me and then when you did he refused to ever come over anymore,” I answered with a shrug. “I didn’t think I’d need to, you’re my friend and I thought you wouldn’t care.”

“Wouldn’t care?” He growled.

“Yeah, I thought to you it would be a relief that I didn’t have to use you to feed anymore,” I said in simplest terms for him before turning away again. I wasn’t in the mood to explain something to someone who didn’t understand the emotions welling up inside of me.

“It pisses me off that you’re paired up with a jackass like him,” Chris growled.

I cringed at the insult trying for the sake of Chris that I could control the anger that spiked when he insulted my partner. “Who would you rather I be paired up with?! Because I honestly can’t think of anyone else that I would rather be paired with!”

“What about...me?” He whispered.

I stopped my my tracks, every muscle going rigid, and I felt a lump form at my throat. For a second I tried to convince myself I hadn’t heard those words just now. That it was my imagination, but what he did next destroyed any chance of that.

Chris stepped closer and pressed his lips to mine firmly and I remained frozen to the spot as his lips swept over mine leaving me too stunned that when he pulled away I was still staring in disbelief. He didn’t run away, he just stood there staring back waiting for the proper response. I could see it in his eyes that he wanted me to pull him back to me, he wanted me to feel the same way. But this was Chris, my childhood friend. The guy who was like a brother and I’d hand my life over to.

“I-I think I should go find Ciel now,” I stammered before walking away.

He reached for my arm, but I pulled away. “Chris, I can’t deal with you and Ciel both. Right now I have to get Ciel back.”

“But he doesn’t even want you around!” He demanded more hurt than anything else.

“Chris...” I didn’t finish because I turned away and continued to walk away. I didn’t know what I was supposed to say. I knew what he wanted me to say, I knew what I should say, but I had no idea what I wanted to say.

A/N: I know! It's not long! D:
But at least now you know that Firo is heading to see Ciel! >.<

And there is our sad and loney Firo....gosh I wanna give him a hug! x)

Okay, so he doesn't look at that sad...Sue me! But like I said the guy is a natural flirt with that stupid camera! >_< Grr! But he's still huggable! Right? :)

And the song is just getting you ready for what Firo is going to do the next chapter! XD

And you know you're too happy about Firo going to get Ciel back to be mad at me for a picture! :P