82 • Will You Be Mine

Start from the beginning

The whole class once again erupt in cheers and chuckles, while Ms. Jeong tries her best to calm down the class. "If that will happen, we'll all be glad to stone you," Ms. Jeong retorts, resulting to everyone screaming 'burn', 'roast', 'slay', some were even saying praise. You just shake your head at your silly classmates. "Anyway, here is the mechanics of the game."

She takes out a piece of paper and reads the text in it. The class listens attentively, seemingly gaining interest in the game.

It was simply about drawing paper from the container, just as the lottery box in the story. All of those papers has different colored dots in it.

"I'll go around the classroom and everyone will pick one piece of paper without looking. Don't look at it first. After everyone gets one, open it, keep the color you got to yourself, get it?"

Everyone nods and Ms. Jeong starts to roam around.

When Ms. Jeong was right in front of you, she gives a ghost of a smile and shakes the box, shuffling the papers. You insert your hand and pick the first one your finger came in contact with, not really that interested on what was about to happen.

What was this all about? You thought. You look around to see everyone rolling with it, their eyes screaming excitement. You didn't miss the subtle glances your classmates send towards your direction but you brush it off.

Especially one guy.

You look at him, only to see him glancing back at you. Usually people would turn away at the eye contact, but both of you didn't. Instead, you tilt your head a little to the side, as if questioning about what was happening and Jangjun shrugs, giving the biggest smiles he could muster.

Weird.

He wasn't the type to smile that big, especially towards you.

It was doing weird things to your heart, and you hated every bit of it.

Why is it that such a small gesture could make your heart flutter like that?

You broke the gaze, scared that your heart would flip too much and shut down from beating quickly, which you doubt would happen, but if he did one more thing maybe it will.

If it still wasn't obvious, you really like Jangjun, and it was the most absurd thing that you would ever admit. But it was better for you to discard and forget your feelings towards him, you knew you didn't have a chance. You thought he didn't have feelings for you. He always teased and annoyed you, how was that a sign of him liking you back?

"Okay, class, everyone got their paper, it's now time to open them."

You sigh and take a peek at the color.

Green.

"Everyone stand up. You can sit down once I say your color, last color standing will get a prize." Ms. Jeong claps her hands once, signalling the start of whatever she was planning.

"All colors with two syllables in its name, sit down," she starts, and ten people grumble, disappointed that they wouldn't get what that 'something' is.

You stand blankly, staring at the wall.

"Next. Colors with less than four letters, sit down."

So that would be the persons holding red.

About 7 students sit down.

You yawn, still disinterested. It was getting boring, you didnt even undesrstand why others were hyped about this.

"Colors without an 'e', sit down."

You thought that there weren't any colors that are one-syllabled and has no 'e' but brown, black, and pink flashed in your mind.