Chapter 2

Curiosity.

Blurriness---

It's what crossed Lucifer's mind as he pushed himself off the dashboard, taking in the car's cracked windshield. ''W-What..'' His voice feeling cracked, as he lifted a hand up to the side of his face, then drew it back.

Red. Blood. Eyes widened—

He threw a look over to Chloe who looked dazed and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, which he felt was aching slightly.

''Just keep calm.... We're okay..'' She assured, finally allowing him to look around.

''What.. in the bloody....'' He muttered. Her car's front looked a little banged up but overall okay. He blinked. His vulnerability reared its ugly head once again...

Car alarms went off around their environment.. Cars started to get going again—but there was another car that looked a bit banged up and on the sidewalk, not moving. It got the Devil's attention, and he grumbled a bit trying to move. S..Shit.. He mentally cursed, stumbling a bit to get out. He didn't pay much attention, but Chloe did as well.

He heard the all too familiar phone noises—

She was calling 911.

The club owner moved forward, chastising himself as he had a slight hard time. There was a figure—A figure sitting within the driver's side, who groaned as well.

Was it the human stain who could have killed HIS detective?

A laugh slipped from his mouth, as he shook his head as he got closer. ''Well, well, well... Let's talk, shall we?''

His steps halted.

Lucifer's amusement fell right off his face, as the person disappeared right out of the seat. Vanished into thin air. He hurried his pace, as he placed his hands tightly onto the driver's door, trying to dig his nails into the paint...

HOW--?

Dread started to settled within his form. Something supernatural... Was it? There was no other explanation, at least what he could tell. Was this the sole vehicle to crash into them or--? He tossed a look over the scene, which had mostly turned back to normal, though the strangeness lingered within the atmosphere. His back hit the side of the car, as he looked over it....

What was missing?

"Lucifer..?" A gentle, but guarded voice.

He tossed his view over to Chloe. ''Detective..."

''Don't worry, I-I'm okay.. Are you?''

''I—'' He looked back into the car, after examining the mostly not-telling environment. The car he had looked into earlier—he spun back around, nearly stumbling into it. ''I'm.. mostly fine.'' He nearly mumbled, grunting. How frustrating....

''Lucifer, sit down.'' She said with concern laced into her voice.

''There was someone there in the car, Detective, but—"

''There was?''

Of course she didn't bloody notice.

She peeked within the car, not noticing anything off. Within a moment, she grabbed underneath Lucifer's arm, leading him gently to the curb before them. He didn't resist, though was on slight edge.

''Don't worry, there's an ambulance on the way....'' She held out something.

Confusion flashed onto his features, until his mind registered that was his phone. With a grunt as a 'thanks', he took it slipping it into his blazer's inner pocket. He then nodded.