"To find Dark, your truth's weren't the only ones she heard in there."

____________________________________

(Y/n) dragged herself along the streets of Brighton. People walked by happily speaking to one another, or just busy-workers going home for the night. Her eyes that once held so much hope were dim, and growing tired by the minute.

She was heading towards the pier, to meet Mark underneath it. Her hood stayed up above her head to hide from Anti or Die. It would only do so much though especially since they knew her smell. Being in crowds helped, or so she hoped.

The beach was closed down for the evening. She had to be careful about entering and not being caught. After hanging around an entrance for a few minutes, she made her way on to the sand. Her face met the cool breeze as well as the salty smell that came with it. Slowly but surely she made her way to the pier.

It became more difficult as she moved along, hoping to avoid anything and everything that could harm her. She closed in on the large dock and came upon large rocks. The water crashed against them over and over.

"Mark?" She called out as she began to climb the rocks. "or Dark. I don't care at this point."

After reaching a higher point she saw a large patch of sand between the rocks. Mark sat with his phone screen.

"Mark!" She yelled making her way down.

"(Y/n)?" Mark stood up pulling down his hood and rushed over to the edge of the rocks.

(Y/n) reached the bottom and ran to Mark, arms wide open. His arms were also open, and accepted her, but wasn't expecting her to break down. She cried, hard, into his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey! You're alright." Mark whispered into her ear, running his hands through her hair. "You're okay, (Y/n). I'm here, I'm here."

Normally, it would feel strange to her, running into the arms of a person she's barely friends with. So many emotional moments between the two had brought them closer.

"I'm so tired, Mark.."

"I know you are. I'm tired too."

She looked up at him, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "I found it , Mark. I found the center."

"Hmm?" Dark hummed from his mind. "Ahh, so she discovered it. Ask her— Ask her what she found."

"What did you find?"

"I found the truth... That's what the pure heart does... Pure hearts see the truth... in everyone.." (Y/n) admitted sorrowfully.

"She's only seen the beginning of her ability. She'll soon be able to simply meet a person and know their true intentions." Dark's voice held excitement. "Simply incredible."

She released Mark and plopped herself onto the sand, holding her head. "I know you want to protect me, and you just want me, okay, but I'm not worried about you."

"Ask about the others," Dark demanded.

Mark sat next to her. "What about Dark, and Anti, or Sean? "

(Y/n) looked over at Mark. "Anti wants me dead, but Dark— He just— wants me."

Her view then shifted to the sand. He feared for her safety. No matter what Dark said, Mark would never believe his words. Before Mark could protest Dark pushed through taking control of his body with ease. He was too tired to stop him or struggle.

"So you've witnessed the truth?" Dark spoke.

She knew instantly that the control had shifted. "I did."