CHAPTER 16: BADGERS BITE

"Could you teach me about the boggart?"

Those weren't the words that Cecilia Hart was expected to come out of her mouth. Yelling? Maybe. Scolding? Probably. But certainly not asking her professor to teach her what she was angry about. She wanted to scold him for putting the boggart in front of third years. Harry certainly seemed off-balance after his encounter, which worried Cecilia greatly. But there she was, Cecilia Hart, letting her brain get in the way.

"Oh?" Lupin sounded somewhat surprised,"Come on in"

The girl was still wrapped into her thoughts, but apparently her mind wasn't connected to her body and she found herself walking in. Cecilia (as much as she was trying to fight it) was incredibly intrigued by what was going to happen next. She sure as hell didn't know what her boggart was going to be.

"Didn't you learn this in your third year?"

"Not really," Cecilia admitted,"Quirrell was our teacher..."

"Say no more." The man held back a laugh,"He was much better suited for Muggle Studies."

"I agree" She nodded with an increasing smile.

"Now, this might a little disturbing." Lupin warned as they made their way towards a large cabinet that was rumbling as if some monster was inside.

Cecilia's brain was racking for any possible idea for what could be inside. More importantly, what was going to come out. Cecilia wasn't the bravest girl, she certainly wasn't a Gryffindor. Ravenclaw had always been best suited for her, so as Lupins hand reached for the lock Cecilia was just about shaking from her own thoughts.

"Wait!" Cecilia halted,"You're just going let it out?"

"Yes"

"Without telling me anything?"

"You know the counter spell don't you?"

"Of course I do, Quirrell was a terrible teacher, but I do know how to read." Cecilia crossed her arms, her fear starting to diminish.

"Good" Lupin put his hand on the door, ready to open it with one swift motion.

"Wait!"

"Yes?"

"What if it's terrible." Cecilia looked down at her shuffling feet.

"I certainly hope it is" He nodded.

"Excuse me?" She crossed her arms, looking at her Professor like he had four heads.

"Miss Hart, the best people have the biggest fears" He kindly answered her, "It means you have something to lose."

"But sir, I don't want to lose anything."

"None of use ever do, but sometimes that isn't a choice."

Cecilia nodded quietly, this however was not how she expected this conversation to go.

"I must tell you, you remind me of an old friend." Lupin broke the silence as Cecilia immediately looked up again.

"I do? Who?"

"Her name was Lily, the two of you are quite similar" He chuckled.

"How so?"

"Well you came to yell at me, correct?"

Cecilia paused, slightly embarrassed before her answer,"You knew about that?"

"Well my jaw found out right away, but that's not my point" The professor sat down at his desk with a small laugh,"I've only known one girl that goes to scold someone, but ends up asking a million questions and lets her curiosity get in the way. So much so that she would forget what she was angry about."

"Lily?"

"And now you."

"You've only known me for two days, how could you possibly know I'm like her?" Cecilia asked.

"Blind trust"

"Well I hope I can live up to your expectations Professor." Cecilia nodded, slightly taken aback by his response.

"You already have Miss Hart, you're here now aren't you?"

"I suppose i am" The girl smiled slightly.

"Now you should get going, I wouldn't want you to spend too much time with old dog like me." He motioned to the door.

"You're not old sir" She stifled a laugh.

"Tell that to my knees, go have fun Miss Hart" Lupin smiled.

"What about the boggart sir?" Cecilia questioned as she stood.

"I think it's best to save that for another day."

The girl nodded and made her way to door.

"And I must thank you Miss Hart" Lupin added before she could walk out.

"For?"

"For letting me see my friend today, it's been a long time."

Cecilia was at a slight loss for words, but simply smiled and nodded as she left the room.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Cece! Cece!" A voice called down the hallway.

"Yes Fred?" Cecilia continued to walk and turned around to face him.

"You're coming to the match tonight?" He jogged up next to her.

"Depends, are you gonna win?" She raised an eyebrow, which made Fred laugh.

"We're playing Hufflepuff so probably." He shrugged.

"Don't underestimate the badgers Freddie, they bite"

"Haven't gotten bit yet" He pointed out.

"Yet" She smirked, "Now I'm almost hoping they win."

"Oh Cece, I promise I'll win."

"Cedric might beg to differ, he's pretty good if you ask me."

"Diggory?" Fred paused with a slight annoyance,"Average"

"Jealous Freddie?" Cecilia teased.

"Never, but I better see you at the match!" He called as he saw George and went to him.

"We'll see Weasley, we'll see"

hey guys! I found this art on google and I thought it was super cool

hey guys! I found this art on google and I thought it was super cool. Enjoy xoxo