chapter 8: HERMIONE GRANGER

Weeks had past and Cecilia found herself wishing it was the beginning of the year again

Weeks had past and Cecilia found herself wishing it was the beginning of the year again. Muggleborns left and right were being petrified, and the girl would be lying if she said she wasn't scared. Evan's parents were muggles and she was terrified for her friend. It was like waiting for a disaster to hit.

The light and happy mood Hogwarts typically had was slowly going away for the fourth year girl. The professors weren't sure what to do, which worried Cecilia more. She spent her time watching her back, checking on her friends and digging her nails into her palms from stress. Quidditch was a stress reliever for Cecilia, she was most often found on the pitch flying and hitting bludgers to herself.

"Hey Hart!" She saw a boy down below who was hopping on his broom to join her.

"Weasley" She nodded.

"The weather isn't ideal for Quidditch" He commented, pointing to the cloudy sky overhead.

And he wasn't wrong, dark, stormy clouds hovered over the pitch as the two teenagers flew. Rain was for sure coming, but Cecilia didn't mind, it just meant she'd grip her broom a little harder than usual. She just needed something to get her mind off her surroundings.

"Is it ever? As long as I'm on a broom, I'm happy" Cecilia shouted back.

"I'm starting to believe we are very much alike" Fred smiled as Cecilia flew over to him.

"That might be true,"Cecilia nodded,"But I'm a much better beater!" She called as she whacked a bludger his way.

"Oh that's just mean Hart!"

"And you and George's pranks aren't?" She laughed back.

"That's just good fun" Fred protested with a goofy smile.

"You Gryffindors, always bullies" Cecilia teased flying higher.

"One to talk brainiac" He countered with a smirk.

"Bully"

"Brainiac"

"Bulllyyyyyy"

"Brainiaccccc"

The two continued to teased each other, still flying around the pitch. Both teens could have continued their lighthearted bickering, but they were interrupted by a voice shouting Cecilia's name from down below.

Willa and Evan were standing there waving her down. Cecilia flew down and hopped off her broom and Fred followed. Willa began to talk but as she continued her ears began to tune out. Cecilia's heart sank and followed by her friends she began to run.

The group ran back into the school and through corridors to the hospital wing where Harry and Ron were walking the opposite way.

"Boys!" Cecilia called running over to them looking them over.

"Cecilia" Harry looked up,"What happened?"

But before Cecilia could answer and say she didn't know, McGonagall interrupted.

"This may be quite a shock"

The group walked towards the back of the hospital wing. Where laying on the bed, was a stiff bushy haired girl.

"Hermione" Ron breathed as Cecilia held back a gasp.

"Does this mean anything to either of you?" The professor held up a small mirror.

The group shook their heads. Professor McGonagall left, leaving the students to themselves. Harry and Ron looked at their now statuesque friend.

"We'll see you later Cec" Willa patted her back and walked out with Evan. It was now just Harry, Ron and Cecilia.

"Are you guys alright?" She practically whispered.

"As well as expected I guess" Harry sighed. Ron was staring off into the distance.

Cecilia didn't really know how to handle the situation at hand, she was just as lost as the two boys in front of her. Ron decided to take a walk after a few minutes leaving just Harry and Cecilia.

"Cecilia" Harry looked up,"Is she going to be alright?"

"Definitely," Cecilia assured,"Im sure the professors are making something to fix her as we speak"

"Yeah" He sighed looking down at the girl frozen still.

A few moments of silence past and Cecilia couldn't find the right words to try to comfort Harry. Before she walked out she turned to Harry one last time.

"Whatever it is you're planning, please stay safe"

"What?" Harry paused.

"You have a saving people thing Harry, I know that and I've only known you for a year. Whatever you do, have help." Cecilia looked at the black haired boy, who usually had the glint of adventure in his eyes.

"It will be hard without Hermione."

"It always will be, just be safe" Cecilia nodded and walked out of the hospital wing as Ron went back to rejoin Harry.

Cecilia walked slowly back to the Ravenclaw common room, not wanting questions from Willa about the events she witnessed with the three second years, and how the small bushy haired girl they had met on the first day was now laying stiff on a bed in the hospital wing.