Lucy Misses Rocky

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to miss you," Lucy mutters.

Rocky gives an understanding smile and opens his arms, "Aww, give me a hug," Rocky says.

Lucy does what she's told and hugs him. While hugging him, she suddenly doesn't want him to go, especially since he'll be gone for a long time. Of course, she doesn't say it out loud, so instead she relies on her inner thoughts. She whispers in her mind, "Don't go."

"Lucy, I have to go," Rocky says while tightly hugging her.

It was incredibly odd to have Rocky reply to something that Lucy thought in her mind. Could he read minds?

Ignoring that, while she still held Rocky in her arms, Lucy whispers in his ear, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," Rocky whispers back.

Rocky releases Lucy from his grasp, "I should really get going. We're going to miss our flight," Rocky explains.

He's about to exit the room when Lucy grabs his hand to stop him, "Rocky wait," She says.

Before he could protest, Lucy brought Rocky's hand to her lips and kissed his hand. Then she walks up to him and kisses his cheek.

Rocky, grateful for his girlfriend's sweet gesture, blushes and smiles at her. He then opens the door so he can leave. Before he closes the door, he winks at her and blows an air kiss at her. It was then he finally left.

Lucy goes to sit cross-legged on her bed. Just a few seconds later, Lincoln comes into Lucy's room.

"Rocky was here for a pretty short time. Usually he's here longer," Lincoln observes.

Lincoln takes a closer look at his sister and notices that her demeanor is much gloomier than usual.

"You ok?" Lincoln asks.

"Rocky left me," Lucy softly whispers.

As soon as Lincoln heard the words "left me", he completely misinterprets what Lucy means. In response to this, his eyes and mouth widen.

"He broke up with you?!" Lincoln gasped.

Lucy immediately corrects her brother, "No Lincoln, he did not break up with me," Lucy clarifies.

Lincoln put his hand on his chest, "Don't scare me like that," He sighed in relief.

"He's going to Florida for two weeks so he can visit his dying grandmother. The reason he's going to be gone for so long is because there's a lot of stuff he has to do," Lucy explains.

She pauses for a minute before continuing, "This will be the first time we'll be apart for a long period of time. I'm really gonna miss him Lincoln," Lucy sighs.

Lincoln's face immediately softens and he places his arm around Lucy's shoulder, "You're right, this will be the first time you'll be apart," Lincoln says, "But you gotta remember that he'll be back."

The two siblings' tender moment was interrupted by their mother's bellowing voice calling out to them, "Kids, come help your father bring the groceries in!" Rita yelled.

Several hours later, the Louds are having dinner, which is pot roast, mashed potatoes, and corn. Dinner time is usually just a typical routine where nothing unusual happens. However, today the Louds notice that Lucy wasn't her usual self.

Now while Lucy obviously isn't a ray of sunshine, she's at least a little bit sociable. She'll talk about her day, she'll laugh at her dad's and Luan's jokes and so forth. However, tonight, she was much more subdued.