Juliette turned away from Jack but he grabbed hold of her arm and pulled her close. She felt the water soaking through her clothing and she tingled all over, "Is this what you were looking for?" He asked, kissing her passionately.

"I guess so," Juliette smiled and let herself relax, she felt her body sinking into his as his arms wrapped around her. He kissed her again, then his lips moved to her neck and she felt his grip tighten.

Jack suddenly tore himself away from Juliette, allowing her to take in his nudity, before throwing her onto his bed. She didn't know whether she was excited or nervous, she'd only been with one other guy before and he wasn't nearly as experienced as Jack.

"I'll be careful," he said as he climbed on top of her. She trusted him and allowed herself to relax again as he pressed against her and kissed her.

She felt his arms wriggling under her body, looping around her again as his kisses trailed down her face and lingered on her neck. His tongue tickled her flesh and she felt goosebumps spreading down her back and arms.

"Oh Jack," she said, feeling her ecstasy rising. "Jack…oh…wait..no…that hurts Jack!" She tried to push him away as he started nibbling on her skin. It felt good at first, but then he started to bite harder. She screamed and kicked against him but his grip was too tight, he was too strong for her to fight off.

Juliette screamed as Jack broke the skin of her neck. Blood spurted across the room as he tore a piece of flesh and muscle away, her exposed carotid artery gushing the hot red liquid all over herself and the small one-room home.

--------------

Catherine sat quietly at her microscope. She could hear the sounds of dozens of other researches performing their menial tasks around her. A heavy sigh rolled over her red lips as she examined the slide of pig's blood for the millionth time that day, nothing seemed to be wrong with it, it seemed like every other slide of blood she'd ever looked at but her boss would never except that as fact. George would always just send her back to her work station and tell her to look again.

She didn't know what the others were working on, there was very little communication amongst the researchers of Dynacon. Everyone was assigned their specific jobs and they were done with no questions asked. It was frustrating, she could smell the bunsen burners and hear the clicking of tongues as people recorded their findings but were never allowed to talk about them.

"Damn it!" She yelled as she adjusted her microscope and it pressed too hard against the slide. It cracked open and she pulled it away, tossing it away in the sealed container of biohazardous materials which would be incinerated at the end of the day.

Climbing back onto her tall stool she pulled out another slide, slipping it under the lens of the microscope. With a deep breath and hunching shoulders, she put her face close to the eyepiece and flicked on the small lightbulb that allowed her to see in better detail what was on the slide.

"Whoa!" She leapt backwards as the cells on her newest slide came into focus. She checked the source of the blood then quickly began to record what she'd seen, knowing that George would not send her back to look again with these results.

As soon as she was done scribbling down her observations she shot up from her seat and quickly made her way to George's lavish office. "Excuse me sir," she said in a sheepish tone as she slipped her head around the door.

"What do you want Catherine! I told you not to bug me unless you've found something," George barely looked up from his paper work as he spoke.

"I know, I do," Catherine struggled with a knot that had suddenly formed in her throat. "I just…I think I've found something you might be interested in."