her

The clock read two in the morning. Liz ran a hand through her hazelnut curls as she saved the script to a file on her laptop. Her glasses slowly slid down her nose until her index finger stopped them and pushed them back into place. Slowly, she shut her laptop, and she sat in her office, in complete darkness. Unaccompanied.

She looked at her surroundings and sighed. So this is what she was doing on a Wednesday night? She laughed at the thought. This is what she does every night.

Working for NBC was fun, and exciting, so why was she so unhappy? She had the dream job: head writer of a sketch comedy show.

Again, she looked around her cramped office. She stood up and pulled her TGS hoodie on then she picked up her laptop and got out of 30 Rock.

She drove herself to her apartment, and she packed a suitcase. She had to get out of New York; The skyscrapers had started to suffocate and isolate her.

She had been tired, battered, and disrespected for too long. She hadn't talked to Jack in weeks because he was on a trip to some obscure island that was apparently off the coast of Africa. Still, he was living the luxurious life, and he couldn't bother to call her and check up or even send a postcard.

So, Liz Lemon walked into the airport at two thirty in the morning and bought a ticket for the next plane leaving, wherever it was going.

The plane happened to be going to Albuquerque, New Mexico. So she boarded the plane, which was pretty much empty.

She fell asleep just after the plane took off. She didn't get a chance to look back over the city that she loved so dearly, New York. Ironically, the city that never sleeps.

She was surprisingly well rested when she woke up as the plane landed. She got off the plane and collected her luggage.

When she walked outside, she literally had no idea where she was going to go. She probably should've thought this out on the plane. Since she did know that she did not want to stay in the city, she quickly got a taxi, and when the driver asked her where she was going she said, "Take me to a small town."

Sure enough, a few hours of driving through the desert later, she found herself in the small town of Artesia, New Mexico.

Again, she was a bit confused as to where she was going, but she just walked around downtown until she worked up the nerve to ask someone where the nearest hotel was. The stranger was very nice about it and gave her thorough directions. She was surprised that southern hospitality was not a myth.

Once she got to the hotel, she checked in and went to find her room.
After changing into something a bit nicer, and putting in her contacts, she say on the bed and looked through a few brochures that she had grabbed from the lobby.

After looking through them, she put them down and decided to go eat lunch at the Mexican restaurant across the street.