o24 | sublime

day 24 ➜ to the last person that gave me my favourite memory

day 24  to the last person that gave me my favourite memory

Dear Christine's Child,

There were many, many times I spent out in the cold travelling far and wide in the UK looking for you. I'm pretty sure the ticket guy at the station knew my name after the first few months. 

I've never really seen a lot of beautiful things in my life. Just to name a few, your mother's smile was one and so was Alistar's (Mike's Dad). 

But I'd never really seen anything truly sublime. 

But there was this one time, looking for you, sent me deep into the country. And the supposed family's house who'd adopted you lived there. 

I remember walking slowly because I didn't exactly want to trip and it was cold too. Chilly too, actually freezing in fact. I was so far out, I couldn't even get a phone signal either.  

But when I just got so fed up with walking, I just glanced up. One movement. One motion. And that was all it took. 

The autumn leaves were falling slowly from the top. The top looked so small, almost an infinite amount of distance away, and the trees around me looked so damn tall I felt like an ant surrounded by giants. The orange hue in the distance shone through the wooden web. The cold wind blew in and pushed my hair behind my ears, it was like an ice-cold shower that waked you up in the morning. Then the small droplets of water all fell like an ocean at once through the web actually showering me.

I felt so small compared to everything around me, but I was in awe. This was astonishing this one moment. I never knew I could feel admiration for nature in this way. It was amazing. 

And it would've never happened if I didn't go searching for you.

All I know about you is that you were a baby boy born in February of 2014, but it was you who made me experience all kinds of new things without even having met you. 

Thank you for being alive, child. 

I wish you the best. Always.

All the love, Harry. 

// author's note //

unedited.