69 Day Warranty | 17

H a r r y

It had been a day since I’ve seen Niall; a day since Elliot’s sandwich dropped on my behalf, and two hours since my manhood had started going haywire.

I couldn’t get out of my bed without being utterly embarrassed by my human nature. Just leaving the golden sheets, which I had come to terms with being “girly” after long hours of consideration, would make me think of Elliot. Elliot’s been on this bed with me before. Elliot has helped me pack my suitcase in this room before. Elliot and I have shared secrets in this room before. Elliot and me have left and entered this room together before. Elliot. Elliot. Elliot.

It wasn’t like I was a grown man before, but I was acting like a pansy. Weren’t boners supposed to be, I don’t know… a sign of pride? 

The reason for not wanting to remember Elliot was pathetic. So very, absolutely, terrifyingly pathetic that it leaves me both embarrassed and humiliated. As since yesterday’s encounter, which was definitely leaning towards something very sexual, there was a drastic change in the size of my… groin. Who could blame me? Elliot practically made out with my jaw.

“God dammit,” I groaned from under the covers. “Look at you. You’ve been lying under this blanket for two hours, all because of a boner.”

There’s no way in hell this is really happening.

If I left the room and someone caught me in my situation, there was only one excuse I could give that was on my mind. And considering that excuse consisted of blaming the bulge in my boxers on a nightmare, I decided I was screwed. It was both highly unconvincing and stupid. I groaned again, slamming my fist onto the bed sheet.

Sure, it had been months – more than a year, actually – since anything remotely intimate had taken place in my life. But this? My reaction to the sexual joke that Elliot had played with me yesterday shouldn’t have left me in such a vulnerable state. She effortlessly tore down all of the walls that I had built up in an instant, leaving me quivering helplessly under her slightest touch. I had opened myself up to her unwillingly, and I don’t think she knows the impact that’s caused.

Obviously not, I thought.

After moments of contemplating again as to whether or not the idea of telling everyone that I had a ‘nightmare’ was believable enough to let my situation slide, I decided to risk what was left of my dignity and get out of bed.

Not a good idea.

It happened slowly; removing the covers, standing up and raking my hands through my hair – then all at once; a turn of the doorknob, someone entering, and two yells.

“Harry, mate oh my god!” Liam practically screamed and shut his hand over his eyes.

I grabbed the nearest thing closest to me, which just so happened to be a lamp, and covered my front.

“Shit, I can explain!” My voice came out a few octaves higher than I anticipated, before rushing past Liam whilst ignoring his muffled chuckles. I scurried out of the room in nothing but my boxers, cursing at my bad luck.

My cheeks were probably boiling like lava as I willed myself to not fall onto the ground in embarrassment. Before I could, I rushed into the nearest bathroom and shut myself in as quickly as possible. Hopefully no one noticed.

But of course, I spoke too soon.

“Hey, why did a shirtless Harry just run into the bathroom with a lamp?” Elliot’s voice seemed to be clear in my ears, even with the door blocking us. My heart was hammering in my chest in fear of her seeing anything else.