Prologue

At birth everyone is given a pendant. The pendant matches your soul mates pendant.

You can not take the pendant off. The best you can do is to hide it under your shirt.

No one is sure where the mysterious necklaces came from. All they know is that when a baby is born. The pendant appears to them in a box on their 16 Birthday. The same box is passed down through generations. No one ever puts anything inside it. But yet somehow a necklace appears in it on the child's birthday. You will know that the necklace is inside when the box begins to glow a beautiful golden color. It will happen at random.

But with every good thing. Comes a consequence. You must protect the necklace with your life. Here's why. If the pendant breaks in half. So does your heart. One of 2 things will happen if it does. One, you die. And two, you'll become cold as ice and feel no emotion. Also if the pendant somehow breaks off of you? You die.

Yes. A very powerful necklace indeed. But it's not the chain that holds the power. It's the pendant. When you're 16 and 17 the pendant will just sit there dangling from your neck. But once you hit 18. You'll start to feel either warm and tingly if your soul mate is near. Or you'll feel cold as ice and very upset if your soul mate is not near. That's why this special necklace always glows a light golden.

Even with this. Some people still never find their soul mate.

Because of this. There is not much conflict. Everyone is too busy trying to find their soulmate or if they have given up. They're watching other people struggle.

But, you don't always get the person you hoped for.

It's even worse though when you get the person you hate.

But there's one more thing. There is more to the pendant than many have discovered. Only few find out the secrets.