Chapter Four

"Tell me more about your time

"Tell me more about your time." Bethany asked, her eyes wide with intrigue. She wanted to know all about the future. It seemed so different, it was different. 

"Well, women no longer have to wear dresses and corsets, all that crap. They can wear jeans and crop tops. Men and Women are treated equally, at the point i am in i work at the Co-op and go to college." Kat told her, Bethany's eye's widened and her mouth dropped. The future was so different, women as equals? "Music is different, there are many different types of it. Like, classical, pop, grunge, rock 'n' roll, screamo, and so many more." The girl said. Her smile bright as she spoke of her own time- her life may have been hard but she still loved the things she had. 

"Can you sing something for me?" Bethany asked, at this point the king Henry was just outside of the room and he had not heard the beginning of their conversation, luckily. He had only heard the weird words she had said to Bethany. Maybe it was a secret code.

"Do you want permanent ear damage?" Katarina laughed, her light and care-free behavior intrigued the king. Many a women would not speak so freely- to anyone as they could not trust people in these times. The kings smiled to himself as he walked away- his mind made up. Lady Katarina was to become his mistress.

The king had requested- well demanded- that The Lady Katarina was to come to court, much to her families dismay

The king had requested- well demanded- that The Lady Katarina was to come to court, much to her families dismay. The king and his men left early hours of the next morning- but her brother Henrik was to stay behind and prepare his sister for court. Which she was supposed to arrive at within the week. They did not like to fight- the siblings- for they only trusted eachother. But in this moment an argument will be the only thing they can do.  "No! I refuse to go to court." Kat said as soon as her brother told her to pack. 

"Sister, it is to the will of the king that you do." Her brother replied to her, not particularly wanting her to- but she had to. 

"No- I shall not go to court so that i have to become the kings new whore!" She shouted at her brother.

"I am your Superior! You will listen to me! You are going to court and that is finale." Henrik shouted at her. 

"You are no superior! You are a weak and senseless man who only wishes to please the king." Kat shouted at her brother, throwing a candelabra at his head. 

"You are going, now pack. Or i'll get someone to do it for you as you spend the night in the stables." He spat at her. Leaving the room in anger- this was not something he wanted but he didn't want to loose his head either. 

Kat sighed, she did not want to go to court but she did not want to sleep in the stables the night.