Prologue

Do you remember when you were little and you had this huge dream? Every time someone asked what do you want to do or be when you get older you already had this huge idea. You'd be an astronaut, the president, a super model, a fashion designer, and we can't forget our super heroes. Me, I always shook my head in disappointment at those dreams. Other kids had big dreams that were extremely unrealistic. I had a dream, but it was a dream I knew I could reach. A dream that I knew if I tried I could do it with my eyes open.

I never had wide imaginations like everyone else. I tried to once but it just made me miserable. I just couldn't put myself in any of those situations. They all seemed hard and unreachable. There was always one thing I always hated even as a kid and that was disappointment. In my mind I'd always remember my dream and make it come true. No matter what others said or did I'd follow my dreams so that when I got older I could look back on he kid me and smile. Knowing if it wasn't for kid me I wouldn't be where I was.

The funny thing about childhood dreams was that, that was all they were. Childish dreams that should stay in the past. Dreams that would never come true. Not every kid could become the president, superpowers don't really exist, and by the time puberty hits you probably won't even think twice about being in the fashion business. Becoming your childhood dream was a one in a million chance.

And I'm not that million.

My entire life I never cared what anyone said but one person. That was the same person who crushed my only simple dream, and threw reality in my face like cold water. They woke me up from that dream and without even knowing it, they crushed them all.

The funny thing was it was the same person who was with me since I entered this world. If someone ever told me that they'd crush my dream I'd probably push them down and hit them. The only thing they'd ever done to me was help. Or... that's what I thought...