"So...this dimension that you were in." Hopper coughs awkwardly and I look at him, "What was it like in there?"

I process his question before I answer, "Like here." I cough and wince, "But darker."

"And cold. And empty." I flinch at my raw throat, and Hopper throws me a pitiful look that only gets me more frustrated. I blow air through my nose in anger, and the Chief chuckles to my left. I cross my arms with anger, which only makes him chuckle more.

"I'm sorry," He says, "It's just so weird, you not being able to talk. It's amusing, because I know that if you did have a voice right now, you would be talking non stop."

"Not helping." I mutter hoarsely. Hopper smirks, and continues down the road, turning off onto my street and into my driveway. I sigh and open the car door, hoping that my brother isn't home.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Hopper says, handing me my backpack. "You're bike is around the side."

I nod, "Thanks."

"Oh. Kid?" Hopper stops me before I close the door.

"I want you to get some rest okay. Don't look for your friend. Don't leave your house. Stay inside and sleep, okay?"

My heart sinks, there is no way that is what I am gonna be doing.

"Okay." I croak, choking on my lie.

He smiles and I shut the door, wobbling over to my house. I don't generally follow rules, so disobeying his won't be hard. I just feel worse than usual about it, because he's done a lot for me and I've actually grown to quite like him. I'd have to forget about it for now, I'm sure he won't find out about me leaving the house anyways.

I use the spare key to get inside, closing the door behind me. I stop and listen for movement, hearing none and thanking my unusual luck. So I rush over to the stairs as fast as I can and walk on all fours to get up them faster. I run into my room and dive onto my bed, grabbing my walkie talkie from the stand. I press a button and wait.

"Hello?" Mike's voice comes over the reciever and I grin.

"Mike." My voice is hoarse and squeaky, but recognizable, and he gasps.

"Liz?" He shouts, "Is that you?"

"Yeah. It's..." I cough, "Me."

"Guys get on the channel, it's Liz!"

"Liz?"

"Liz!"

"Loudmouth is back guys!"

I laugh, which quickly turns into a cough, making me flinch.

"Liz?" Lucas seems to grow confused, "Are you okay?"

"Where were you?" Dustin asks.

"Did you see Will?"

"He's not dead!"

"We heard him."

"We have so much to tell you!"

"Guys." I whisper, still smiling, "I have much....to tell."

"Okay." Lucas says, "We're just walking...uh. I don't know where we're going-"

"Follow your compass!" Dustin shouts and I frown.

"Don't ask questions." Mike laughs, "Just follow your compass and we should eventually meet up."

"Okay." I say hoarsely.

"Bye!"

"See ya!"

"Curlyhead out!"