2. new surroundings

"Do I look messed up? Or ugly?" Nadia asked me the umpteenth time. I will definitely go crazy with this lad. I really don't know how I am gonna survive these four years with her. Just kidding, actually being with her I feel nice and I smile.

"You look beautiful Nadia!" I said out of frustration while pulling out the bags from the car. She mouthed me a 'thank you' and then continued looking in the car's rear view mirror. I roared and pulled out all of my bags. Once they were out I looked at Nadia, she was busy checking on herself, ugh! I will go crazy with her.

"Nadia?" I let out a very gentle voice which was hell sweeter than my mind.

"Hmm?" She asked, while I was given no attention.

"Nadia, take out your fucking bags, we're late." My frustration took over me, the second I said this harshly, I regretted it.

"I am sorry Swara!" Nadia stuck her tongue out as she was guilty and went to take out her bags, I let out a deep sigh and I observed her as she was busy stuck to take out her bags. My eyes were stuck on her, and she was giving no shit what I was advising, how to take her bags out, she was not listening. 

I let out a huge sigh, she does not listen at all. I looked away at the building of Steller LanCe, too much is awaiting for us. I always had a dream of my college life, cheerful, happy, and getting straight A, because I've always loved acting, and dad promised me to let me pursue acting.

"What do my princess want to become when she grows up?" Dad asked dramatically while stirring his cereals.

"An actress, the one who comes on television." The six year old me replied cheerfully.

"Really?" He asked me with his cheerful smile.

"Yep." I said, counting on my pencils, putting them together in my hello-kitty pencil box.

"Yeah, you should become one, at least then we will be free of this boring cereal, your mom cooks." Dad giggled, I giggled along with him.

"You both are done? Now eat." Mom said while holding Aarav in her arms.

"I promise you, Swara! I want you to become an actress." Dad said patting my cheeks, I smiled cheekily.

"Double promise?" I said holding his hand while my eyes glittering with happiness.

"Double promise, sweetheart." Dad smiled and placed a soft kiss of promise, happiness and love on my forehead.

I wish life could be the way it was, happy and filled with love and promises. I remember dad promising me to let me be one actress. I really, really want to become an actress not only because of me, but also for dad, he didn't obeyed his promise, but I shall obey mine. I had a happy family once, but now, its all shattered.

"Dad!! Guess what!" A fifteen year old of me came into the room with the same cheerfulness I have always had.

"Swara got the lead role in school dramatic play." Mom came in from the main entrance, she had kept the scooter keys on the dining table and pulled out the scarf which was covering her face.

"Really?" Dad asked cheerfully, keeping the newspaper at the side table, and looked at me which a welcoming smile.

"Mom!! You were not suppose to say this!" My face going down, I gave mom a look and she mouthed a sorry.

"Sorry honey, You were telling me this the whole time, I couldn't bear that any longer." Mom said while sitting beside dad and resting her head on his shoulder.