Chapter 6. Alvarez's Construction

Começar do início

The girl just cried even more at this. Her father wasn't going to make it, and there was nothing she could do about it. "Young man." Said dying man, drawing Zeref's attention. "Yes? What is it?" Asked Zeref. "Thank... you for saving... my daughter. Please... look after her." Said the man as he coughed up more blood. "There is no need to thank me. But if that is your dying wish... than I shall accept it." Said Zeref making the dying man smile before he closed his eyes for the last time while saying in a whisper. "Thank... you." He said in his dying breaths.

Seeing that her father had now died, Serena was now crying over her dads corps, pleading him to come back to her, despite knowing that it would never work.

After hours of crying, Serena now stands in front of the graves that Zeref had made for her parents, still crying. "Serena. I know it's hard to accept it, but you'll get threw this. I myself had lost my parents as well as my little brother at a young age as well, so I know what you're going threw." Said Zeref, making the little girl look up at him in shock. "Really?" She asked. "Yes, but I think I know of a way you can make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else." Said Zeref, making the little girl look at him in shock. "Really?! How?!" She asked in excitement in wanting to know the answer.

"It's simple really. All you have to do is get stronger. And if you get stronger, than you can protect those close to you, as well as all the innocent people of the world." Said Zeref, making Serena's eyes widen from the revelation.

After hearing this, Serena got on her hands and knees and pleaded to Zeref. "Please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please will you teach me how to become stronger?!" She pleaded to him.

Zeref sweat dropped at the sight before him. Sure people have begged him to teach him before, but this was just plain ridiculous. So, giving a tired sigh, he decided to grant her request. "Sigh. Fine, I'll teach you. C'mon, we have a long journey ahead of us." Said Zeref as he started walking in the direction of his empire.

"Jurney? Wait ware are we going?" Asked Serena, curious as to ware there going. "The Alvarez Empire. It's been a while sense I was last there. The last time I was there was when the construction was still underway, but they should be threw without by now." Said Zeref, shocking the girl by ware they're going.

"Wow. I've herd of that place. They say that the Emperor usually isn't there because he likes to travel, and that it functions just fine even without him. Plus they say he goes by the name of Emperor Spriggan." Said Serena, as she thought of all the things she has heard about the Empire.

Zeref just smiled about what the girl is saying about his Empire, despite her not knowing he's the Emperor Spriggan.

Looking back at her, he finally got a good look at her. She was a young girl about seven years old with long red hair that stops at her waist. She has green eyes and wears a white blouse and brown pant and no shoes. She seemed to be in good shape, minus the few scrapes and bruises here and there.

Another thing he noticed was the potential that this girl had. She could quite possibly be one of the stronger members of the Spriggan 12. "Things are really starting to get interesting." Thought Zeref with a smirk.

(Time-skip, almost three months later)
It took them almost three months, but they finally made it to the entrance to the Alvarez Empire.

Serena was now currently sleeping on Zeref's back while he gave her a piggyback ride. Once they made it to the wall that protected Alvarez from the Hrimm that don't fly, he decided to wake her up. "Serena, I believe it's time for you to wake up. We're here." Said Zeref as he shock her slightly. "Huh? Wow." Said Serena as she looked at Alvarez as they walked through the gates to the Empire. "This is Alvarez? It's so pretty, not only that but it's way bigger than I thought." Said Serena as she gazed up upon the beautiful sight before her.