Chapter 1: Hunted

My wake-up call is a little different this morning. Instead of the usual awful, annoying sound of my alarm clock, I hear the low, threatening growl of a dog.
   'Wait...I don't have a dog.'
  Then I realize that I'm not  laying in my bed. When I open my eyes, I know that I'm not even in my house. Instead, I'm in a dark cave. Slowly, I sit up and see the "dog" that was growling at me is actually a wolf! The two wolves flanking it seemed to be just as mad,
   The wolf directly in front of me had tan fur with darker brown markings on its paws and ears. The two other wolves were both different shades of grey. The one thing they all had in common was that they were not happy with me. The problem is that I don't even know what I did to get them so mad at me!
    I froze, unable to do anything else. 'Get up! Get up!' my brain yells at me. With trembling legs, I cautiously stand up. This movement seemed to anger the wolves even more. Their growls thundered throughout the cave and they began moving faster toward me. The wolf standing between me and the exit bared its teeth, then jumped at me.
     I watched as the huge wolf flew through the air towards me. It seemed to happen in slow motion. Then everything sped up again and that's when I moved like I never had before. As the adrenaline rushed through me, I felt like I could do anything. It felt like pure instinct as I slid out of the wolf's path as it was midair. I didn't put any effort into it at all. Then, without a pause to think, I gripped the wolf's fur and used its momentum to throw it into the stone wall. Leaving the wolf stunned on the ground, I sprinted towards the exit and out of the cave.
     I don't  know where I am or where I was headed. All I knew was that I needed to get away from those wolves. I ran so fast that my feet seemed to be flying over the ground of the dense woods.
     After what felt like a long while, I began to slow down to my normal pace and then the feeling I had in the cave left me. I knew the grace I had was gone because I started tripping over everything.
     When I saw the clearing up ahead, I slowed down even more. Once I arrived at the open space, I stopped to catch my breath. There was a long, intimate silence and all that could be heard was my ragged breathing.  While I stood there, my head was filled with a million different questions.
      'What is happening? Why did I wake up in a cave? Why were those psychotic wolves trying to eat me? Where did they go? Why did they suddenly just give up their chase? And also, why is it so quiet?'
     Then I heard the sound of running water. My mouth was so dry after running and I desperately needed something to drink.
       ' You wimp.' my brain tells me.
     Fine, so I might not desperately need water, but I'm pretty thirsty. Anyway, I follow the sound of running water until I come upon a cute little creek. Immediately, I jog over to creek ad kneel down. As I fill my cupped hands with water, I get this eerie, creepy feeling.
      "Are you enjoying your break?" a voice asks me. "Because it's over now."
     Even though I don't recognize the voice,  I know I don't like it. Chills run throughout my body even as sweat rolls down my face. The voice sounds very deep and threatening, with no intentions of being nice. I look around me, searching for the source of this menacing voice.
     Then I see it. Out of the shadows on the other side of the creek, emerges a huge, dark wolf. My heart's pace quickened as I look around the clearing. The wolves from the cave surrounded the area. That's when I realize that they wanted me here. They planned to lead me here. All of this was a trap and I fell for it.
      My gaze travels back to the wolf in front of me. He is bigger than all of the other wolves. There is a long, jagged scar that crosses over is eye and stands out from his midnight black fur.
      As my eyes meet his, he growls, "You're dead." Those are the last words a hear before the huge wolf jumps at me.
_____________________________________________________
So this is the rewrite of this story. I tried to keep most of the story line the same. So for those of you who have read this story before, tell me which version you like better. Sorry if it's still super cringy! :3