Chapter 1: MADELINE

12 December 2013

Dear Diary

I've always wondered when my time for love would come. I've thought of who it could be? Would it be someone I already know or someone I have never met before. But one of the main things I always remind myself to do is listen to God. He is the one that will guide me through life. I guess I will just have to wait and see... This is a list of the aspects I would like in a guy.

MY LIST:

1) Be a Christian and love God with all his heart.

2) Kind and thoughtful

3) Family- Orientated

4) Friendly

5) Cute in his own way

I know these are quite difficult guys to find but I do believe and trust in God that He has someone out there just for me! I hope i can handle a boyfriend now with school, family and friends. I feel like my life has become so busy lately but I'm glad it's holidays so I can just relax.

Maddie

17 year old Madeline Crawford closed her journal and thought for a while. She sat on her window seat for quite some time before realising she is going shopping with her friends at 11:00 this morning. She has less than an hour to get ready. She jumps up and puts her journal away in her cupboard. She thinks of how her friends Allie, Lilly and Emily had persuaded her to come with them to the beach this holiday, she was reluctant to go but since it's December and summer she decided to go with them. Her three friends were a lot of fun. They had all met at the beginning of high school and have had their ups and downs through the years but have always reunited when they were fighting. They always realised that they loved each other no matter their differences. After half an hour she is mostly ready and is brushing her golden blonde hair. Maddie goes to find her mother, as she needs to ask her mom to take her to Allie's house.

"Mom!" Maddie shouts

She walks downstairs to the kitchen and looks in there but her mother is not there. She goes into her mom's office to find she is not there either. Finally she hears some movement outside in the garden and Maddie decides to go and look out there. She finds her mother playing with her two younger siblings, "The Twins" is what Maddie calls them. Rebecca and Daniel. They are 6 years old and are the cutest little siblings ever however sometimes they can be annoying.

It's wonderful to see Mom playing with them. Maddie thinks.

She is a very busy lady. It's not that she doesn't care or love her children. She definitely loves them dearly it's just that her new boss has given her a lot of work to complete in a short amount of time. Maddie didn't want to interrupt the moment but she had to get going otherwise she would be late.

"Mom" Maddie says as she walks onto the patio.

Her mom looks up from pouring the "play-play" tea and smiles at Maddie.

"Alright Mads I will be there now lets just get Becca and Danny inside to clean up" her mom replies.

She must notice the worried look on Maddie's face because she says

"Don't worry we will be quick"

Maddie goes back inside to get her handbag and her mom's car keys. The phone rings and Maddie sighs while thinking

Seriously I can't waste anymore time.

Maddie answers the phone with a quick "Hello!"

"Hi Maddie, its Pastor Peter" Maddie hears the voice say on the other end of the phone.

He is the pastor of Maddie's church.

"I just want to ask you a quick favour, well actuallyI would like to ask your mother is she around?" he asks.

"Sure, let me get her for you" Maddie replies.

Maddie goes to the bathroom where they are cleaning up.

"Pastor Peter is on the phone for you, Mom" Maddie tells her mother.

"Ok, can you see to them please eitherwise you are going to be late" Maddies mom replies.

Maddie takes over and rushes around trying to clean the two as fast as she can. She whisks them out and leads them into their bedroom. The two of them share a bedroom next to her parents bedroom. She helps them to choose their clothes and gets them dressed. She walks with them towards the front door and meets her mom there.

"Let's go" her mother says.

They all get into the car and Maddie thinks

Finally!

"After I fetch you Mads we have to stop off at a new family Pastor Peter wanted us to meet. They moved here a few days ago and are looking for a church. Apparently their son can play the guitar and can sing so I was thinking if he would join the worship band. Anyways we should only be a few minutes to get their details" her mom says cheerfully.

She always gets excited when more people join the band. Since Maddie's church is not the biggest church they don't have a lot of band members and she loves new comers.

"It's ok mom I don't mind. Atleast we can meet more Christian people. We need them!" Maddie replies thoughtfully.

I wonder if they have a daughter? Maddie thinks.

They arrive at Allie's house before she has time to ask her mom.

"Thanks so much Mom! We should be done by three. I will phone you when we are finish. Love you guys!" Maddie says while she ruffles the twins hair and gets out of the car. She walks up the steps to Allie's house and waves as the car pulls off. The door opens with three bright smiles and giggles as Maddie walks in.