Slenderman, First Edition

You liked walking in the woods at night. It was a strange habit, and all your friends warned you about "Slenderman". Like you could believe such bullshit. You had done this all the time, and it was no time to freak out over children's tales.
You did, admittedly, love Creepypasta, but it was to you, just interesting tales that would give you a momentary scare. Slenderman never scared you anyway.
You grabbed your flashlight and stepped outside. You lived in a suburban area, with a small woods near it. The forest had lots of tall, skinny trees, which was always strange compared to most forests.
You started your stroll downed the main path. You listened to animals and crickets, and footsteps...
Wait, footsteps?! Who else had such terrible sense as to go strolling in a dark forest in the middle of the night? You had gotten good at identifying night noises, but you figured you had just made a mistake. What you didn't know was it wasn't the kind you would have thought to make.
              *.         *.         *.           *.
You were midway in your stroll. You thought you saw something move out of the corner of your eye. It was tall and black and white... You turned your head. Just a tree. You thought about the Slenderman Creepypasta you had read last night. Your stomach churned. You realized this entire thing was a huge mistake when it came to common sense.
You decided to come back early, instead of walking to the stream like usual. After all, this is what you could call an unusual night...
You couldn't stop thinking about Slenderman. Every tree seemed to move. Every noise became a footstep. You almost tripped. That's when you noticed the strange array on the soft soil in front of you.
A circle with an X through it was etched into the dirt, along with something in a language you would find belonging to an alien in a sci-fi cartoon. Below that was your full name.
"(F/N) (L/N)." you say aloud.
You were shaking. What was this? Was Slenderman real? You and your friends made jokes about him, memes, even.
You pick yourself up and start running home at top speed. At the very least, someone was stalking you. You had to get home and tell your parents.
A long tentacle stretched forward. No, no, no, you thought again and again.
"(F/N) (L/N)." said a mesmerising voice. Calming. Who were those people you were running for?
Your steps slowed. You fell to your knees. A strange, eery smile wracked your face as you saw the faceless man in a suit.
"Hmm... What should I do with this one? Toby's gone, so is Hoodie..." said the voice coming from the shape. Your mind started to blur.
"A proxy works..." said the voice, almost congealing at the edges, if a voice could do so.
"A proxy is perfect..." It said as you blacked out. It was all gone, for now.

*Guys, I'm sorry, Slendy is so out dated. #Slendyneedstoretire