"woah, you're really good at art. what type of flower is that?" will's eyes widened and a blush soon spread over his cheeks. "oh, um, thank you. it's a gardenia."

mike smirked at him and began painting, which to will's surprise, he was very good at. will decided to mind his own business, and worked on his painting, his brush stroke as smooth as the top of a well-made pancake.

the bell soon rung and will started gathering his things, hurrying to leave so that troy wouldn't bump into him in the hallway. he felt a tug on his light blue sweater, and he looked down to see mike tugging on him.

"see you at the football field." he said smoothly before walking out of the classroom, leaving will a blushing mess. he followed out after him, but got stopped by a certain asshole. troy.

"where are you going, zombie boy?" he teased and shoved him, causing him to fall down and all his papers being scattered on the floor. he didn't reply to them and quickly began grabbing all his papers and shoving them back into his folder, running off. troy snickered as he watched the boy leave.

almost all of his classes had passed, but now, it was lunchtime. will grabbed his lunch box and found jane and max at their usual table, all the way in the back of the cafeteria.

he sighed as he sat down, dropping his head down on the cold, hard surface.

"woah, what's up with you?" max asked, drinking from her milk carton. jane looked at him questioningly.

"nothing. just glad to be out of class." he lied. in reality, he was thinking of the freckled handsome boy, who had recently grabbed his attention. he pulled out his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, taking a small bite. while he was busy dreaming, he didn't have enough time to notice that jane and max were looking to their lefts, eyes wide. he felled pressure on the bench next to him, and he jumped back and gasped.

"yo." mike smiled as he set down his lunch tray, looking over at the two girls. "is it okay if i sit here?" he looked at all of them for approval.

"well i dunno--" max was cut off by will, who was slightly yelling. "yes! yes, you can" he smiled brightly like an idiot, blushing once again. mike smiled back at him, and began eating his food.

max and jane were both kicking each other underneath the table, both shocked and terrified at the same time that mike was sitting at their table.

"so, what are you guys up t-" he began, but a painfully familiar voice was heard, making will clench his fists.

"wheeler, what are you doing, hanging with a faggot?" troy scoffed and crossed his arms, looking down at mike.

"faggot?" he asked, turning to will, who looked extremely angry. troy leaned over and snatched mike's milk carton, opened it, and poured it on will. he threw the empty carton on the floor and laughed. "yeah. faggot." will gasped as the liquid hit his hair, drenching his upper body. tears formed in his eyes, and he ran out, trying to wipe away his tears.

mike mocked troy's scoff and stood up, his eyebrows furrowed. "what was that for, asshole?" he angrily stepped towards him, their noses almost touching.

"teaching him a lesson. faggots like him shou-" mike swung at him immediately, punching him in his jaw. troy swung back and stumbled, looking back at him. "oh, you wanna start something, then we can start something!" he shouted as he charged at him, knocking him down.