Pushed Around

Sam pulled up his shirt slightly, looking in the mirror at the bruise covering his hip. He then lowered the shirt and rolled up his sleeve to look at the bruise on his wrist.
    He hated being so sensitive. He knew his friends didn't mean it, but the force they used on the others was a little too much for the boy that weighed at least 20 pounds less than the second lightest.
    So instead of causing a scene, Sam just held in the hurt and pretended he was fine. It worked well most of the time and no one noticed the pain flash across his face when someone pushed him.
    Sam heard a knock on the door and lowered his sleeve quickly. "Come in!"
    The door burst open and Colby walked in. "Dude! Elton planned a trip to what he said was an old abandoned high school. I told him we'd go. Corey's coming too."
    Sam smiled. "Ok. That sounds great!" He exclaimed before Colby grabbed Sam by the wrist and started dragging him towards the stairs, causing the slightly shorter boy to suck in a huge breath and hold back any sounds that could signify that he was in pain.
    "Sam said yes!" Colby exclaimed, dragging Sam into the kitchen before letting him go, making Sam sigh in relief.
    Elton turned and looked before nodding. "Ok. We're going tonight, so be prepared."
    Sam nodded before Colby grabbed him again and started dragging him to the tv room to force him to play a video game, which Sam again was trying his hardest not to make a sound, but accidentally let out a small whimper that went unnoticed by everyone.

~Time Skip to Later~

    Sam put on his sweatshirt and walked out of the house, following Colby and Elton. The three sat in the car waiting for Corey.
    "About time!" Colby scoffed when Corey finally made it to the car.
    "Hey! I was saying goodbye to my girlfriend in case we die tonight." Corey defended himself, causing the others to laugh slightly.
    Elton started the car and drove away from their house to who knows where.

~Time Skip of the car ride~

    The others were pushing each other around jokingly, and Sam tried to stay as far away from them as possible, just in case someone decided to get him involved.
    That was until Elton called Sam over to stand between him and Colby because he was trailing behind.
    Sam nodded and walked forward, standing between Elton and Colby.
    Elton pushed Corey, who was on his other side slightly before turning to Sam and doing the same.
    Sam assumed that Elton had used the same amount of force to try and knock him slightly over because the push caused Sam to stumble and he had to grab on to Colby to keep himself from falling over, feeling his ankle roll as he did so.
    "Oh! Sorry Sam, I forgot you're half Corey's weight." Elton said, apologizing, but at the same time making fun of Corey.
    "Hey! I'm not that heavy!" Corey complained and Sam shook his head, standing up and thanking Colby, ignoring the pain in his ankle.
    "And I'm not that light." Sam muttered, wincing slightly as Elton touched the spot he had just pushed. Great, probably another bruise.
    Elton made a head gesture, as if to say that his statement was debatable.
    Sam rolled his eyes and continued walking forward, ignoring the camera in Elton's hand, having probably caught the push and fall. He only hoped that no one would see the wince of pain when Elton touched his shoulder.
    "We made it guys!" Elton exclaimed.
    "Hey guys!" Colby began before pointing to an upside down cross and the number 666. "You can tell that this place is haunted."
    Sam sighed. "Not more evil graffiti..." he muttered.
    "I love how graffiti decides whether a place is haunted or not, right Sam?" Corey nudged Sam's shoulder, causing him to wince slightly.
    "Yeah, definitely dude." Sam tried to laugh, hoping it didn't come out strangled or high-pitched, or even remotely fake-sounding at all.
    Colby gave his best friend a look as Corey and Elton laughed along with the boy.
    As soon as Corey and Elton walked ahead, Colby grabbed Sam's hand, causing him to wince, but not let out any sounds, even as his foot kept hitting the ground and sending sharp shots of pain up his leg, making him limp slightly.
    Making sure Elton and Corey weren't looking, Colby dragged Sam into an empty room, shutting the door quietly behind him before situating his flashlight so that he could see Sam.
    The blond was currently holding his wrist like it was extremely tender. Fearing the worst, Colby grabbed Sam's hand, causing the boy to freak out slightly and try to pull away.
    "Sam." Colby spoke in a demanding yet calm tone.
    "Yes?" Sam asked, trying to sound calm, but he could hear his voice rise in pitch, coming out rather squeaky.
    "Let me see your wrist." Colby said sternly, more serious than he had ever been before.
    "I-It's not w-what y-you th-think." Sam tried to convince Colby, but the taller was having none of it.
    He grabbed the sleeve and bunched it up quickly and forcefully, making sure Sam couldn't take it away.
    Sam curled away from the boy slightly, fearing his reaction to the bruise decorating his wrist.
    "Who did this to you?" Colby whispered, his voice cracking slightly as he stared down at the older's wrist.
    Sam looked down, avoiding eye contact with his best friend.
    "Sam." Colby said, his voice getting slightly louder.
    Sam just shook his head, refusing to look up.
    Colby grabbed the chin of the shorter boy and lifted it, forcing him to look into his eyes. "Sam... who?"
    Sam looked into Colby's eyes before almost silently whispering one word that completely broke Colby's heart. "You."
    "M-Me?" Colby asked, his voice cracking again as he tried holding back tears.
    "I mean, not just you, all the boys. It's ok though, I know you don't mean to. You guys just don't know your own strength and that's compl-" Sam cut off with a squeak as Colby pulled the blonde to his chest, accidentally touching both the shoulder and hip bruises.
    Sam groaned in pain and Colby raised his sweatshirt to see his hip. "Sam... Why didn't you tell us we were hurting you?"
    "Because I knew you guys weren't doing it on purpose, so I decided to stay quiet." Sam looked down, Colby holding his chin and forcing him to look into the taller's watery eyes.
    "Sam. Please next time tell us if we're hurting you." Sam tried moving his head, but Colby tightened his grip on the shorter's chin, causing him to wince before feeling Colby's grip loosen. "Please."
    Sam nodded. "Ok..." he whispered, barely audible.
    Colby pulled Sam into his chest again, being careful to avoid the bruised spots.
    "We really do care about you. We don't want you to get hurt." Colby whispered.
    "Colby!!!! Sam!!!" A voice called and they both heard things being pushed around.
    Colby stood up and opened the door. "Elton? Corey?" He called and the two burst into the room, hugging Colby extremely tightly before seeing Sam and practically jumping on him, squeezing him tightly and probably creating another bruise, but also touching his hip and shoulder.
    Sam winced and Colby frowned. "Corey, Elton, let him go!" He exclaimed.
    Elton and Corey quickly released Sam and backed up, arms raised. "What's wrong with him?" Corey asked quietly, his eyes widened.
    "Sam..." Colby said, giving the blonde a look.
    Sam sighed and slowly rolled up his sleeve, showing Elton and Corey his bruised wrist. The two gasped and Sam dropped the sleeve, pulling up his shirt so they could see his hip. "My shoulder too."
    "Who-" Corey was cut off by Colby.
    "Us." The boy said, his face straight and tone laced with seriousness.
    "What?" Elton and Corey asked in unison.
    "We treat him too roughly. We need to be more careful."
    Sam looked down while Elton and Corey nodded before turning and hugging the smaller boy, being careful to avoid all of the bruises.
    "We should leave. We can come back later, but you two gave us quite a scare when you disappeared." Elton said.
    "How long did it take you to notice we weren't there?" Colby asked.
    "Too long." Corey replied, causing Sam to laugh slightly. "No, but seriously, when we realized that you two were missing, we didn't know how long you had been gone and realized you could've been anywhere at that point."
    Sam hugged Corey tightly, causing Colby to accidentally let out an awing sound.
    "It's ok now. We weren't that far away." Sam said, letting go of Corey and turning to Elton. "Shall we go?" He asked before taking a step and stumbling slightly, gasping at the pain in his ankle and catching himself with help from Colby.
    "What's wrong Sam?" Colby asked, setting Sam back on his feet.
    "My ankle just hurts a bit. I'll be fine." Sam smiled and Colby gave him a look. "Fine, it hurts quite a bit, but there isn't really anything I can do about it right now."
    Colby just shook his head and turned around. "Get on my back." He said.
    "Why?" Sam questioned, looking at Elton and Corey for support. They both just shook their heads.
    "You're hurt. I'll carry you back."
    "You can't do that."
    "Watch me." And with that, Colby backed up into Sam before forcing his arms around his neck, careful about the bruises, and wrapped the blonde's legs around his waist.
    Sam sighed and buried his face in the hoodie on Colby's neck.
    "Hey guys. Sorry but we're going to have to leave. Sam and Colby decided to try exploring on their own, but Sam managed to get hurt. How, we aren't quite sure, but we'll probably end up taking him to the hospital. Corey and I found some cool things though, so if we can get this to 75,000 likes, we'll come back and explore more." Elton turned off the camera after filming Sam and Colby for a bit. "I'll record the rest later when we aren't so close to this creepy place."
    "I think Sam's asleep." Colby whispered, grabbing Sam's legs so he didn't slip.
    "Good, let him sleep. He needs it." Corey muttered, staring at his feet as they walked.
    "It wasn't your fault you know. He's a good actor, so if he didn't want us to find out, we wouldn't find out." Colby said to Corey.
    Corey shrugged. "Eh. I still feel bad."
    They made it to the car and Colby slid Sam into the backseat before getting in next to him, resting the blond's head on his shoulder before placing his own head on top of the smaller's head.
    Colby quickly fell asleep as Elton started driving home, Corey talking a lot in the background.
    About thirty minutes later, Corey looked back to see that the two younger boys had somehow managed to start cuddling in the backseat.
    Quietly, the brunet took a picture with his phone and posted it on Instagram with the caption "Maybe something more..." before turning off his phone and ignoring how it blew up with notifications, falling asleep smiling.