Finally Found Chapter 17

ابدأ من البداية

Luther cleared his throat and left the room, closing the door behind him. I was glad I had sound proofed this room, because if something was off with Tori I definitely didn't want anyone else knowing about it.

"I want to ask you a question, but i don't want you to get offended by it. I am only asking because of the odd nature of the way everything has happened." He nodded his head at me. I sighed. I wanted to word this properly, without offense. Seeming as I wouldn't like someone questioning Scarlett and I.

"I am trying to figure out what went wrong with you and Tori and the bond that should have been there immediately, the first time you met. Is everything going ok? Are you blissfully happy Rodrick? If your not, tell me now. I feel like something is off, I just don't know what." He raised his eyes to look at me squarely. he seemed to be thinking over my words carefully before answering me.

"Well....I can say for certain that I felt no connection before. I didn't care at all when she was hanging herself all over you. I mean, she's great looking and all, but she's a vampire and I know that there are almost no known vampire/vampire mates, so maybe that's the problem. I don't know, Esra." He lowered his head, placing it in his hands. Something is definitely wrong.

"But are you crazy in love with her? So attracted that you can't help but touch her any time she is near? Dying to take her every moment of every day? This is important, Rod. I expect you to tell me the truth. I mean you never even defended her this morning. You had no problem kissing Scarlett good morning without a thought to your mate and her reaction. Just be honest. Whatever you say will help me to deal with this accordingly, and possibly help others find their mates, therefore saving their lives." He looked miserable and I had no clue why.

"Esra, if I say this, do you promise to help me? I have to get this fixed. Quickly." He pleaded to me desperately.

"Not only is it my job as head of the Vampire world, but I would like to think that we are friends also. I know that my actions this morning may lead you to think otherwise, but I care for you and will do anything to help you. Always. Now just tell me." I sat back and waited through his silence, even though it was making me jumpy. Why is he so nervous?

"I am freaking miserable! I just want to put a stake through that god awful woman's heart! She is making me crazy." He sighed deeply before continuing. "At first when we realised she was my mate, it was everything you described. It was like a spotlight hit her and I couldn't help myself and how my mind, body and heart reacted. That only lasted about a day before I was looking at her differently. I didn't even want to touch her after that! She's a horrible woman, Esra. Mean and demanding. She acts entitled. She is driving me crazy!" He was now pacing the length of my office. He looked at me desperately, his eyes silently begging me to help him. "I thought it had something to do with her being a vampire, like maybe it wouldn't be as strong because she isn't human, but in hind sight that shouldn't be it. It should be magnified because we are both vampires. Right? " He stopped pacing as his breathing was ragged. He was a mess to put it in simpler terms. I wish he had said something sooner, I hated that he felt this way. It should have been the happiest time in his life.

"So, are you telling me that you don't want to be with her?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Because I I can order her from this house permanently and order you to stay until we figure out what the hell

is going on."

"You would do that for me?" he asked quietly.

"Of course I would, Rod. You have been by my side for a very long time. You helped me find my girl and you helped her when she was scared and refused to see me. She considers you a great friend, you know. I personally think she was horrified knowing Tori was your mate and that meant the end of your friendship. She knew Tori would never allow you to spend time with her." I told him chuckling to myself.