Chapter 10: 3rd semester

Ren's p.o.v

Our small moment together was crashed by a loud thud in the hallway, followed by screaming. Both our heads turned sharply toward our door. Quickly, we scurried to get ready and grab our weapons as we jumped into the hall. Students ran around in chaos, screaming filled the air. smoke clouded our lungs, looking down the hall, the wall had been blown out by an explosive. All was quiet for a moment until another girl screamed and from the other end of the hall a beast from the forest drifted the corner. How did that get in here!? Ren thought to himself in shock. 

Without hesitation, Nora wielded her weapon and charged the monster. I gripped StormFlower and followed after her. Nora launched herself into the air using Magnhild, after landing on the masters back, she grabbed its fur and held on. "Woooooahh!!" She shimmered and grinned. Other students grabbed their weapons and began fighting as well. Shots fired from each corner  and people jumping around to avoid the charging beast. As it drove by, I slashed and shot at it, attempted to knock it down. A loud whistle was heard, which stopped the beast in it's tracks, Nora still held on. 

From the exploded wall, Roman stood on an air ship, watching us, his two fingers slipping from his mouth. He smirked. "Good morning everyone! Glad to see we're training right away!" Everyone snarled and prepared to fight. Roman chuckled. "No need to fight! I got what I need already!" he said aiming his arm down toward the sitting beast. Everyone looked around confused, but then I realized it. Nora was still on the beast. Shit! Roman continued, "Thank you all for helping me with such ease! Now I'll take her and move on!" Then it hit everyone. 

Before anyone could move, a web  of rope shot from the air ship and right on top of Nora, Magnhild dropping to the side of the beast. "Nora!" I called out running toward the beast. Roman whistled again and the beast placed Magnhild in it's mouth and charged down the hall, shots from StormFlower followed it. "Ren!!" Nora struggled under the web, tangled and stuck to the animal. Son of a bitch! The beast jumped with all it's might onto the airship platform with Roman. While petting the animal's head, Roman took Magnhild from it's mouth and waved. "Thank you for being so easy to work with!" And with that, the airship closed and took off. The last image I had was of Nora, afraid, stressed, and staring at me. 

My heart dropped and cracked. "Son of a BITCH!" I yelled out in anger. My chest felt heavy and hard. A hand was placed on my shoulder. "We'll get her back." I turned my head to see Yang. Her eyes were watery. "We'll get them all back." 

"Them all..? what?" I asked, sitting on the ledge of the window. "We can't talk here, follow me." Yang grabbed my wrist and dragged me down multiple halls. After a minute or two of winding halls, Yang opened a door that led to the room and finally let go of my wrist. Strong grip.. I rubbed my wrist and watched her sit along the roof top, the high above us. "Ren something serious is going on and only certain people can know or else this school will turn to shit." Yang kept her back to me. I sat next to her and watched the horizon. "Which is?" I looked over at her stone face. Yang glared at me. "You must promise not to tell anyone." her tone was harsh and meant business. "Of course." I looked forward once again. She sighed. 

"People are going missing. The reason as to why is barely known but I believe it's because of power." "Power?" My brows burrowed. "Notice how our teammates have gone missing." That's were they are..

"Ruby went first, then Blake, Weiss went missing yesterday when we went to look for the others. What you and I just witnessed, we now have an idea of where everyone else is. Kids from all over the campus have gone missing the past few weeks, Ozpin hasn't taken notice and If he finds out, we'll all be under watch and won't be allowed to leave to search." Yang continued. "Nora is probably in the same place as the others." "But what about the power?" I asked. "Oh right, Well you and I haven't been taken yet and neither have the older students. I believe the ones who were taken are special. They fight well, have great power yet to be found, and have the chance to make the evil go away." 

All I could think of was Nora's smile. She made my demons go away, of course she could change the world....

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hiiii sorry guys! but here's a cliff hanger! more soon!