Replacement?

Meeting
     "Hello?" Damian called as he entered the mansion. It was oddly quiet, Damian felt his heart tug a little. This was the first time since Tim's death he had stepped foot in the mansion. He remembered watching Homeward bound on the sofa with Tim a million times. He remembered them fighting on the floor over almost everything. Turning he saw Bruce and a small kid...

      "I'd like you to meet Jason Todd," Bruce said gesturing to the small boy "I just adopted him"

     "Hello," Damian greeted in his usual cold-sounding voice.

     "Hey I guess," Jason said trying to sound cool. Jason had heard about how Damian once knocked out seventeen guys for just looking at him the wrong way, this made him Jason's hero. This also made Bruce start taking blood pressure pills.

     "Father may I speak to you" Damian's eyes darted towards the study. Bruce nodded before turning to Jason.

     "Go watch TV" Jason scurried off to find the remote. Bruce led Damian to the study so they would not be heard.

     "Really father?" Damian glared "You can't just replace Tim, especially with some street rat!"

     "I'm not trying to replace him" Bruce insisted. Suddenly they heard the door creek. Damian turned around to see Jason standing at the door.

     "I don't need some snobby-nosed rich kid calling me a street rat!" Jason spat "Not when you're just a sheltered brat who had everything handed to him!"

     "Jason..." Jason darted down the hallway as fast as his legs could take him. Bruce turned to his eldest son "I think it would be best if you leave"

     "Whatever" Damian sighed before walking out.

Timeskip
     "Finally" Damian let out a sigh of relief. Today's meeting had been extremely boring and to top it Conner broke the tv after his show wouldn't come in.

     "Hey, can I catch a ride?" Wally yelled right before Damian could even pull out of his parking spot.

      "What for, you have super speed?" Damian raised an eyebrow.

     "Yeah and a super metabolism" Wally wined "Please I haven't eaten anything all day, I'm about to pass out" Damian sighed opening the passenger door.

     "Snacks are in-" Before he could finish his sentence Wally had cleaned out all the snacks in the glove department.

     "Thanks," Wally said stuffing a handful of chips in his mouth. After finishing off the chips Wally grabbed a candy bar.

     "You do realize that candy bar is old right?" Wally nodded taking a bite "I swear West you are a human garbage disposal"

     "I can't help it" Wally smiled finishing off an apple "What was Bats talking about after the meeting?"

     "Father wants me to come over and bond with the kid," Damian said slowing down at the stop sign.

     "Doesn't he know grizzly bears and children don't mix" Wally joked.

    "Shut up" Damian growled. Realizing he was getting frustrated, Damian stopped and took a deep breath.

     "Wow, you are even more uptight than normal" Wally tilted his head "What's going on?"

     "Let's just say the first time we met didn't go very well" Damian sighed pulling into the parking lot.

     "You just don't make good first impressions do you?" Wally laughed "Remember when we first met, you stabbed me in the leg"

     "I told you to go away" he pointed out.

     "How about when you met Star?" Wally smirked "You were so nervous you introduced yourself as Ribbon then you accidentally said marry me instead of carry these"

     "Keep it up I have a sword in the trunk" Damian responded.

     "Okay I'm done" Wally laughed "but you know; me and you are best friends now and you're dating Star, give the kid some time and I'm sure he'll come to like you too"

     "Thanks," Damian said getting out of the car "I assume I'm paying?"

     "Of course," Wally said darting into the restaurant.

Falling in ReverseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara